Will Bo Pelini ever win a National Championship at Nebraska (Poll)

Does Bo win a NC as Nebraska's Head Coach?  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:facepalm:

People seem to forget it took Osborne about 20 years before he won his first MNC title

People seem to forget that Osborne played for National Titles long before he won one. People seem to forget that Osborne had 18 top 10 finishes, 24 top 15 finishes and NEVER finished a season unranked. Osborne's teams never showed up unprepared and his staff was never out coached even though sometimes the Huskers were outplayed on the field.

Oh damn. Elf owned him.

i doubt he gets much more time here...I don't think the AD had a replacement lined up, he will by the end of next year.

All the replacements just signed new contracts elsewhere. I mean, Washington got that Peterson away from Boise. We could have beaten Washington for him. Too late now.

i doubt he gets much more time here...I don't think the AD had a replacement lined up, he will by the end of next year.

All the replacements just signed new contracts elsewhere. I mean, Washington got that Peterson away from Boise. We could have beaten Washington for him. Too late now.

i think it is smart the AD did it this way........saves money, gives Bo another year, not that it matters, and he has a year to make a solid search and hire someone decent, not a leftover....should be interesting.

People seem to forget that Osborne played for National Titles long before he won one. People seem to forget that Osborne had 18 top 10 finishes, 24 top 15 finishes and NEVER finished a season unranked. Osborne's teams never showed up unprepared and his staff was never out coached even though sometimes the Huskers were outplayed on the field.

And fans still wanted to run his ass out of town.

no one is arguing that fans can be irrational. but does that mean we are being irrational when we think we have seen bo's ceiling?

People seem to forget it took Osborne about 20 years before he won his first MNC title

I keep hearing about this (I wasn't old enough yet) but seriously when people say "fans" are we talking a majority of the fanbase or the usual handful that complain loudly...

Too win a national championship you need a little luck and talent in key spots. QB spot is a good position to start with, strong O and D line and solid defensive backs and 2 good wide outs and above average running back.

We have 2.5 of 6 needed so next year is out but 2015 good to go for conference championship :hookerhorns sign just in case we play Texas

no one is arguing that fans can be irrational. but does that mean we are being irrational when we think we have seen bo's ceiling?

You've seen a coaches ceiling after 6 seasons?

That's not what the question was.

i do not think it would be irrational to think that. we have seen the same mistakes for 6 years. little to no improvement in years 3,4,5, and 6.

but if you want to argue about when you can safely assume a coach's ceiling, how much time do you need.

but perhaps you are right, perhaps we have not seen bo's ceiling. but we have seen multiple years of a team under-performing because of the same mistakes. we have seen losses to teams we should have beaten; and whenever we do play a team better than us, lately we have gotten blown out.

• Fire 2

i do not think it would be irrational to think that. we have seen the same mistakes for 6 years. little to no improvement in years 3,4,5, and 6.

but if you want to argue about when you can safely assume a coach's ceiling, how much time do you need.

but perhaps you are right, perhaps we have not seen bo's ceiling. but we have seen multiple years of a team under-performing because of the same mistakes. we have seen losses to teams we should have beaten; and whenever we do play a team better than us, lately we have gotten blown out.

sd'sker, so do you consider yourself a pessimist with this view? I do not see myself as a pessimist and I have this view. I see it as more of a realistic perspective. I'm asking because I've been told several times lately that I'm a pessimist. If anything, I feel very frustrated because I think we have a team that could go far and perhaps win it all ... but it is all these mistakes that keep taking away the bigger ideal.