ATH Coltin Gerhart [Arizona State - Signed LOI]

Ed Helms

Wow, how did I miss the news about Eubanks getting his release by ASU? This might have a serious impact here. Taylor Kelly will be coming back for his last season, but I could see the opportunity to play QB coming back at ASU for Gerhart. ASU's class is looking very strong, but I'd love to seem him come to the Huskers.

As for Graham, there's no way that he goes to Texass. Former AD agreed not to take any ASU employees with him to his new gig with Texass. And Graham is not a big enough name yet for that hire.

I'm no expert on how the process works but hopefully Bo gets a chance to sit down with him and his family in their home one more time. If we can just get him seriously thinking about it and then lob up that ball for Bo to hit out of the park I see this working out well.

The Gerharts seem like a good, respectable family that gets and appreciates Bo, much like the Darlington family.

Here's to hoping.

He seems to be dead set on playing QB in college at this point. With ASU already having Manny Wilkins (a highly touted dual threat QB) committed in this class I think we really have a good shot here. I don't know how to post Tweets on here but he was asked by a follower if he was going to play safety in college and he responded simply "no."

Coltin Gerhart @CHerhart 6h

"@stingeginge: @CGerhart12 your not playing safety?" No

Here is the tweet blarson posted. Don't know how that affects us as ASU is also recruiting at QB.

More importantly - did he mean for this to be a double negative?? Now I'm more confused than ever!

Here is the tweet blarson posted. Don't know how that affects us as ASU is also recruiting at QB.

I only think it affects us because although we do have a QB commit, he is coming off a sever head injury and we are not certain when (or if) he can play again. ASU however has a very talented QB, who the fan base is jacked about already, so he may see Nebraska as having the better opportunity for him at QB. Just speculation.

More importantly - did he mean for this to be a double negative?? Now I'm more confused than ever!

hahaha let's choose to look at it in the way that makes us feel better.

Sure we all already assumed this based on the context of this tweet, but he seems determined to play QB:

Coltin Gerhart@CGerhart12: People who don't think I can play qb in college make me laugh you'll see
  • Fire 1

Sure we all already assumed this based on the context of this tweet, but he seems determined to play QB:

Coltin Gerhart@CGerhart12: People who don't think I can play qb in college make me laugh you'll see

I love this!! I will take a talented player with a chip and something to prove over a supposedly very talented player who thinks hes the sh#t. Work ethic and nose to the grindstone makes me smile!! Our team needs more of it.

Hey Coltin, come to Nebraska and prove em all wrong!!! I got ya!!

How weird is it that the kid seemed content on playing S in college until his visit here. I can see him, Taylor and Beck sitting in the film room going through our offensive plays showing how successful Coltin could be in the right offense, particularly ours. Just seems to have the thought he can play QB with the big boys now after our visit so if this actually happened kudos to Taylor, Beck and staff for showing not necessarily when a recruit will fit into our plans, but how and why they will be successful when given their shot a la Ronnie.

• Fire 1

How weird is it that the kid seemed content on playing S in college until his visit here. I can see him, Taylor and Beck sitting in the film room going through our offensive plays showing how successful Coltin could be in the right offense, particularly ours. Just seems to have the thought he can play QB with the big boys now after our visit so if this actually happened kudos to Taylor, Beck and staff for showing not necessarily when a recruit will fit into our plans, but how and why they will be successful when given their shot a la Ronnie.

couldn't agree more. this is a good sign.

an.gif.pagespeed.ce.gCOlF_-can.gif