Ghost Stories

Great topic. Im actually a paranormal investigator in my spare time. Been to alot of neat places. Villisca Axe Murder house is one of those places that just overwhelms you upon walking through the door, my group is hoping to go back this spring.

what group are you in? I agree I've investigated the Villisca Axe Murder house. It's overwhelming and I can't stop thinking of it.

I tried to get a group of friends to stay at the Villisca house, but they were all too afraid.

The whole idea of the Villisca house creeps me out. Not because of anything paranormal . . . but because you can (apparently) earn money by charging people for the right to sleep in a house where an entire family was brutally murdered.

I tried to get a group of friends to stay at the Villisca house, but they were all too afraid.

The whole idea of the Villisca house creeps me out. Not because of anything paranormal . . . but because you can (apparently) earn money by charging people for the right to sleep in a house where an entire family was brutally murdered.

Wait, so $428 per night ISN'T the going rate for accomodations in Villisca, Iowa?

the charging I agree. but i'd love to go back.

Great topic. Im actually a paranormal investigator in my spare time. Been to alot of neat places. Villisca Axe Murder house is one of those places that just overwhelms you upon walking through the door, my group is hoping to go back this spring.

what group are you in? I agree I've investigated the Villisca Axe Murder house. It's overwhelming and I can't stop thinking of it.

Im cofounder of G.R.I.P. Theres a link on my profile to our fb page if you want to take a gander.

As for the charge to visit, yeah its oitrageous. They are making an absolute killing, no pun intended, almost every night. It is literally booked solid for months straight. If they were truly in it for the research it woildnt be like that. I understand the cost of owning a building like this but the profits have to be unreal.

Im cofounder of G.R.I.P. Theres a link on my profile to our fb page if you want to take a gander.

As for the charge to visit, yeah its oitrageous. They are making an absolute killing, no pun intended, almost every night. It is literally booked solid for months straight. If they were truly in it for the research it woildnt be like that. I understand the cost of owning a building like this but the profits have to be unreal.

oh absolutely. Granted they have bills and employees but only 2 that I think of the grounds keeper who lives next door and is a very nice guy. Then the museum worker who also showed us around town and the house.

Last year I think they sold off all the stuff in the museum. Didnt get to meet Johnny Houser last time so hopefully will this trip. Were looking at going in April. Gotta go when the temperature is agreeable, I refuse to run any heating or cooling units to tamper our audio.

yea I agree with that. I'm a member of Paranormal L.I.G.H.T.S. we were lucky when we got in. We investigated the day of the funeral for Darwin the owner. We got to meet with Johnny very nice guy, but because of the situation we didn't take to much of their time so they can be with friends and Darwins family to grieve.