1620 The Zone Round Table Discussion

teachercd

I think it was in the one where they were talking about prop 48, and they brought up the 09 CCG game.

"I was gonna say, I think with the way Coach Bo has it set up with the players, the players have to take on an accountability to make themselves a lot...use the resources. I think that is kinda whats missing. There are players that may be not putting in the effort to be...to improve themselves. That's just from what I've seen. You know, strength and conditioning, we have the greatest facilities...well on par with the greatest facilities around the country. But with the way Coach Bo's philosophy is with the players, they need to be accountable for doing the things that need to be done. Whether its on the field and off the field...(quote goes on a little longer)"

Nowhere does he say coaches aren't in the weight room watching or helping. And at the end of the day, it is up to them to work hard. I always tell my players that I coach, "Im not your babysitter. I can't watch you at practice or out of practice all the time. It is your job to work hard when Im not around." These are college athletes, they should be able to lift weights without someone helping them the entire time. Its that way in HS, also.

And if what he says is true about kids not working as hard as they can, where are the leaders stepping in and making sure everyone is working hard? Its on the players just as much as the coaches.

Totally agree with what you said about the leaders on the team. They've been missing that for a long time.

But who things could look like this, I have to wonder. They're trying to hold men accountable and prepare them too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WZd6AyDZFs&sns=em

Well, I guess we'll never know if it is like this unless they do a 60 Minute segment on Nebraska strength and conditioning.

I think it was in the one where they were talking about prop 48, and they brought up the 09 CCG game.

"I was gonna say, I think with the way Coach Bo has it set up with the players, the players have to take on an accountability to make themselves a lot...use the resources. I think that is kinda whats missing. There are players that may be not putting in the effort to be...to improve themselves. That's just from what I've seen. You know, strength and conditioning, we have the greatest facilities...well on par with the greatest facilities around the country. But with the way Coach Bo's philosophy is with the players, they need to be accountable for doing the things that need to be done. Whether its on the field and off the field...(quote goes on a little longer)"

Nowhere does he say coaches aren't in the weight room watching or helping. And at the end of the day, it is up to them to work hard. I always tell my players that I coach, "Im not your babysitter. I can't watch you at practice or out of practice all the time. It is your job to work hard when Im not around." These are college athletes, they should be able to lift weights without someone helping them the entire time. Its that way in HS, also.

And if what he says is true about kids not working as hard as they can, where are the leaders stepping in and making sure everyone is working hard? Its on the players just as much as the coaches.

This is what I was going to say, essentially, so I'm glad you said it. Coach's can't babysit 24/7. This is especially relevant for guys who live off campus - after practice, they may not eat at the training table. They may go home and do their own thing and you have to trust that they'll make good decisions.

And with lifting, coaches may be breaking down film, preparing practices/game plans, etc. Again, they can't be around all the time.

And, like you said, if players are slacking in some aspect of their strength and conditioning, it's up to the team leaders to identify problem areas and address them. Accountability is crucial for any good football team at any level.

With injuries, while I do think that freak amount of injuries can hit a team, it's been years since I've felt Nebraska was the more physical team on any given Saturday.

I have to tell you guys, that seemed an awful lot like the Marine Corps Boot camp I went through, the same voice, just a little cleaner. continuous motion, very little rest between reps, knuckle push ups, mountain climbers. A lot of the cross fit competition comes from the Marine Corps and Seals training. It appears Bama has adapted a lot of it for their work outs.

Nebraska using the fireman's carry was used in Marine Boot camp in the 60's, to develop team work. I would assume it is still used.

I hope our conditioning is along the lines of Bama, I honestly would not expect much less. But the one advantage that Bama has is the kids they get, they only recruit kids ready to play as freshman, most won't but that is the guideline. No fault to Bo, but we do not get those kids on a regular basis. He has more work to do with them for sure as a team.

A four minute video from inside north stadium and a 60 minutes story into the secret of a teams success.

Totally the same.

Yup, so every other team that didn't get a 60 minutes story (every school other than Bama) on their strength and conditioning program must have a terrible S&C program. Makes perfect sense.

A four minute video from inside north stadium and a 60 minutes story into the secret of a teams success.

Totally the same.

Yup, so every other team that didn't get a 60 minutes story (every school other than Bama) on their strength and conditioning program must have a terrible S&C program. Makes perfect sense.

That's what you take out of that. Sweet.

Concrete evidence that Nebraska could be doing things better and the head goes into deeper sand.

Totally the same.

You just said you are willing to wager that NU strength and conditioning is nothing like Bama. I post a video that shows they do some things during the off-season that makes them work hard. And you come back with well, it wasn't a 60 minutes story, so its not as good. Well, I don't have a 60 minutes story to show you. No other team does either.

So you can think whatever you want about our S&C program. Whether our coaches just sit on their ass the whole time and don't push the players. Whether they are even there to begin with. But at the end of the day, you don't know anything and neither do I. So stop speculating.

Totally the same.

You just said you are willing to wager that NU strength and conditioning is nothing like Bama. I post a video that shows they do some things doing the off-season that makes them work hard. And you come back with well, it wasn't a 60 minutes story, so its not as good. Well, I don't have a 60 minutes story to show you. No other team does either.

So you can think whatever you want about our S&C program. Whether our coaches just sit on their ass the whole time and don't push the players. Whether they are even there to begin with. But at the end of the day, you don't know anything and neither do I. So stop speculating.

Stop poo poo'ing his empirical evidence as to why Bo should be fired...

If you actually watched those two videos and said "yep, exactly the same"....then wow is all I have to say.

Good day sir.

Obviously the 60 minute story is going to be more in-depth then a video made by Husker video team. Its a national story, I would hope they go more in-depth.

That is the only video to use as a rebuttal because like I already said, they didn't do a 60 minute story on Nebraska S&C. If they did, we could compare and contrast the two programs better. Never said they were the same.