Duck Dynasty star suspended from show

If you're not a Christian, that's ok. But don't make it a case where "I can say what I want to.....and you can say what you want to until it offends me."

But is anyone actually saying that he can't say this?

A&E basically is.

How so?

Suspending him indefinitely for saying what he felt.

Let me ask you this.

What was he supposed to do? Was he supposed to lie and be fake about how he felt?

He was trapped. Put on the spot by someone who knew how he would answer and would get people talking about GQ again. GQ hasn't been relevant in years, but now everyone is talking about it again because they got a conservative christian to admit that he doesn't agree with homosexuality. Goal achieved by GQ.

If you're not a Christian, that's ok. But don't make it a case where "I can say what I want to.....and you can say what you want to until it offends me."

But is anyone actually saying that he can't say this?

A&E basically is.

How so?

Let me ask you this.

What was he supposed to do? Was he supposed to lie and be fake about how he felt?

He was trapped. Put on the spot by someone who knew how he would answer and would get people talking about GQ again. GQ hasn't been relevant in years, but now everyone is talking about it again because they got a conservative christian to admit that he doesn't agree with homosexuality. Goal achieved by GQ.

Wait, so you are saying that the goal of a magazine is to publish provocative pieces that will sell publications? Huh. Who knew?

As far as Duck Dumbass, he didn't have to say anything. And A&E doesn't have to have him on their television show.

The fallacy of the people defending this guy is that free speech allows you to say anything you want, consequence free. That simply isn't the case. Free speech guarantees he won't be jailed or punished by the government for his words. It makes no guarantees that a private employer won't fire him.

Wait, so you are saying that the goal of a magazine is to publish provocative pieces that will sell publications? Huh. Who knew?

As far as Duck Dumbass, he didn't have to say anything. And A&E doesn't have to have him on their television show.

And the family as a whole doesn't HAVE to be on A&E. Guarantee you someone will pick them up.

This basically sums up how I feel about it: http://perrynoble.com/blog/duck-dynasty-homosexuality-and-political-correctness

It looks like you guys aren't going to accept my feelings on it, but you can't accept Phil Robertson's opinion, so I shouldn't be surprised.

And they say southerners are closed minded.

• Fire 1

And the family as a whole doesn't HAVE to be on A&E. Guarantee you someone will pick them up.

This basically sums up how I feel about it: http://perrynoble.co...cal-correctness

It looks like you guys aren't going to accept my feelings on it, but you can't accept Phil Robertson's opinion, so I shouldn't be surprised.

I accept that Phil Robertson has an opinion that differs from mine. Do you accept that my opinion is that this makes me think he is an ignorant, backwoods, racist, bigoted piece of white trash? Because that's just my opinion... And if you can't accept that, maybe you are closed minded.

That's quite a bit different than preventing him from saying what he felt.

Let me ask you this.

You seem to feel like he was somehow roped into this. Did GQ force him to submit to an interview . . . or do you suppose that he felt like it was in his best interests financially to give the interview? He can say whatever he'd like (or dodge the question, if preferred). He, just like the rest of us, accepts the consequences of his statements.

Trapped in the interview that he chose to do? Presumably because it was profitable for him? Poor guy.

The fallacy of the people defending this guy is that free speech allows you to say anything you want, consequence free. That simply isn't the case. Free speech guarantees he won't be jailed or punished by the government for his words. It makes no guarantees that a private employer won't fire him.

Oh stop it. Don't get in the way of the martyr-making.

This basically sums up how I feel about it: http://perrynoble.co...cal-correctness

I accept that Phil Robertson has an opinion that differs than mine. Do you accept that my opinion is that this makes me think he is an ignorant, backwoods, racist, bigoted piece of white trash? Because that's just my opinion... And if you can't accept that, maybe you are closed minded.

Not at all. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I just see it as his interpretation is calling it a sin. No sin is greater or lesser than another. A sin is a sin. I've gotten piss ass drunk many times which is also a sin, an equal sin to any other.

I do not agree with his views on homosexuality. I personally don't think that homosexuality is a choice, but rather a difference in instincts, to be scientific about it. Humans are animals, who's instincts are to breed. Two males do not have the ability to breed, neither does two females. It's science. That doesn't make them unfit parents for adoption or other methods of getting a child (insemination, etc.)

I just defend Phil Robertson because he said what he felt. Miley Cyrus says what she feels and I'm told to be ok with it because that's who she is. I don't agree with the double standard, that's all.

• Fire 1