Duck Dynasty star suspended from show

i could not care less about any of this, but i still have a couple opinions.

1. a&e probably overreacted. it is odd that they would censor their 'reality' stars. but that is their prerogative. i wonder if his remarks would have been as big of a story had he not been suspended?

2. it is exceedingly annoying when people criticize a&e's decision as an assault on christianity. they acted because of his anti-gay speech, not because he is a christian. this is obvious as it has always been known that they are a christian family and a&e did not censure him until he made anti-gay remarks, and racist remarks.

3. duck dynasty is an annoying show.

I agree he has the tight to say shat ever he wants. I also agree that the network has the right to do what they want.

What I don't understand is why he was fired or suspended.

i really do not either. seems like a&e could have just put out a press release denouncing his comments but explaining that the purpose of the show is to show these people and how they live life. reality tv is a weird phenomenon.

Rapid reaction opinions...

1. Almost everything on cable TV besides sports is garbage like this show.

2. Oh neat, another person who found Jesus and suddenly wants to preach about morality when, by his own admission, he did not adhere to those standards previously.

3. Straight to the Nazi Germany analogies huh...what a pillar of intellect.

I would submit for your viewing pleasure:

Wilfred

Louie

The Soup (to keep aware of cultural awfulness like DD and to enjoy the lampooning thereof)

Daily Show (awareness and lampooning)

Colbert (buffoonery and LOTR geekiness)

Mythbusters

Anthony Bourdain

How It's Made

Downton Abbey (PBS) (never watched, but hear people rave about it)

Venture Brothers

Boondocks

StrikeBack

Fast N'Loud (My only foray into "reality tv". I know it's a stupid reality show, I like seeing what they're building)

From the BBC:

Doctor Who (see Downton Abbey)

Sherlock (see Downton Abbey)

Top Gear

• Fire 1

It's my opinion, A&E created the show on the pretense of mocking this type of family ("redneck; hillbilly") but it immensely backfired in their face when the show became hugely popular. My wife and I watch Duck Dynasty regularly because we enjoy it. I'm not going to explain why because frankly it's no ones business. But we find it entertaining.

If you're not a Christian, that's ok. But don't make it a case where "I can say what I want to.....and you can say what you want to until it offends me."

But is anyone actually saying that he can't say this?

A&E basically is.

How so?

A&E has made several attempts at deleting/blocking the word "Jesus" during their prayer.

This may or may not be true, I really have no idea. But either way... who cares? It is their show.

I would submit for your viewing pleasure:

Wilfred

Louie

The Soup (to keep aware of cultural awfulness like DD and to enjoy the lampooning thereof)

Daily Show (awareness and lampooning)

Colbert (buffoonery and LOTR geekiness)

Mythbusters

Anthony Bourdain

How It's Made

Downton Abbey (PBS) (never watched, but hear people rave about it)

Venture Brothers

Boondocks

StrikeBack

Fast N'Loud (My only foray into "reality tv". I know it's a stupid reality show, I like seeing what they're building)

From the BBC:

Doctor Who (see Downton Abbey)

Sherlock (see Downton Abbey)

Top Gear

Can't believe I forgot Top Gear. Since it's on BBC ALL THE TIME and since we only started watching it a few months ago, we have years and years of that show to catch up on, and we watch it more than any other show.

Why is it only the point where the word "homosexual" is included is causing such a back lash? Even his comments about black people isn't causing such a huge back lash. Why aren't drunkards, adulterers, greedy people..etc up in arms about this?

I honestly still don't understand what the big deal is about what he said and why he is getting suspended.

Why is it only the point where the word "homosexual" is included is causing such a back lash? Even his comments about black people isn't causing such a huge back lash. Why aren't drunkards, adulterers, greedy people..etc up in arms about this?

I honestly still don't understand what the big deal is about what he said and why he is getting suspended.

Truthfully, I haven't seen any backlash outside of A&E. Literally haven't seen a single gay rights group jumping on him or anyone condemning the man other than just saying "yeah he's an idiot." Like i said, it's a non-issue. Nobody was even all that upset about it. The only ones upset are the people supporting him.

• Fire 1