2014 Alternate Unis?

Redux

Michigan was considering leaving Adidas over child labor or something.

To go to who, Nike? That would be hilarious.

Actually, it would make sense, cause then they could actually switch back to the maize and blue that they're known for. Nike has a trademark on their maize color, so they haven't been able to use it since they joined team adidas.

Michigan was considering leaving Adidas over child labor or something.

To go to who, Nike? That would be hilarious.

Actually, it would make sense, cause then they could actually switch back to the maize and blue that they're known for. Nike has a trademark on their maize color, so they haven't been able to use it since they joined team adidas.

Uhh ..... I'm a bit skeptical of this.

They've been going to more of a neon yellow color because it's popular with the current college generation. But they still have the same maize color.

Chad_Henne.jpg

chadhenne.jpg

devin+vs+BG.jpg

denard-robinson.jpg

Landlord, while you're correct that you can't trademark a specific color for general use, you can trademark it for a specific use, such as on a sports uniform. That's covered here:

http://freakonomics....demark-a-color/

From what I understand, Nike has a trademark on the color "maize" for use in athletic uniforms, so Michigan had to switch to the color "sun" when they switched to adidas. From what any of us can tell, the two colors look basically the same, but Michigan fans insist they're different and they are technically different colors.

If Michigan or adidas really wanted to, they could probably take Nike to court for use of the maize color, but it's not really worth the time or money for something as trivial as that.

Landlord, while you're correct that you can't trademark a specific color for general use, you can trademark it for a specific use, such as on a sports uniform. That's covered here:

From what I understand, Nike has a trademark on the color "maize" for use in athletic uniforms, so Michigan had to switch to the color "sun" when they switched to adidas. From what any of us can tell, the two colors look basically the same, but Michigan fans insist they're different and they are technically different colors.

If Michigan or adidas really wanted to, they could probably take Nike to court for use of the maize color, but it's not really worth the time or money for something as trivial as that.

Eh.

When you're dealing with clothes, it doesn't really matter. Clothes fade in the sun and the wash and get stained and etc. It's the same color or at least it is equally as close to the same color as a pair of mudded up and faded pants that were the same color.

Anyways, my point was that the highlighter yellow that their basketball team uses wasn't because they weren't allowed to use the more traditional color - they did it on purpose because it's popular.

Eh.

When you're dealing with clothes, it doesn't really matter. Clothes fade in the sun and the wash and get stained and etc. It's the same color or at least it is equally as close to the same color as a pair of mudded up and faded pants that were the same color.

Anyways, my point was that the highlighter yellow that their basketball team uses wasn't because they weren't allowed to use the more traditional color - they did it on purpose because it's popular.

I just know that a lot of Michigan fans complain that the football team's yellow isn't the right shade. I'm like you. I can't tell the difference.