2014 Alternate Unis?

Redux

If we do alternates this year would it have to be against a team that wears adidas?

If that is so then here are our opponents and their brands as of 2013:

Florida Atlantic - Adidas (Home)

McNeese State - ? (Home)

Fresno State - Nike (Away)

MIami - Nike (Home)

Illinois (HC) - Nike (Home)

Michigan State - Nike (Away)

Northwestern - Under Armour (Away)

Rutgers - Nike (Away)

Purdue - Nike (Home)

Wisconsin - Adidas (Away)

Minnesota - Nike (Home)

Iowa - Nike (Away)

So we only have two chances at all adidas.

It's why we ended up doing our alternate uni game against UCLA last year.

If you want a list of what brands every team wore last year go here.

Who would you guys say makes the best uniforms?

Nike > adidas > Under Armour > everything else

Nike has the "best" uniforms, but only because they have the most uniforms. I wouldn't say their average level of uniform quality is all that much higher, there's just so much more to choose from that there's a better chance of something that really stands out.

Adidas makes plenty of nice uniforms, but struggles with the alternates.

Don't know much about Under Armour as far as regular unis, but I think they have been killing it most consistently in the alternate category.

Looking at the list Adidas has some big time names signed to apparel deals. The Big 10 alone has Michigan, Wisconsin and Nebraska. Throw in Notre Dame, Tennessee and Texas A&M and thats a pretty solid group for what some people think is a secondary apparel company.

And I really don't care what the university decides to do with their alternate jersey for this year but I like where you guys are headed with the Bugeaters jersey and leather helmet look.

Looking at the list Adidas has some big time names signed to apparel deals. The Big 10 alone has Michigan, Wisconsin and Nebraska. Throw in Notre Dame, Tennessee and Texas A&M and thats a pretty solid group for what some people think is a secondary apparel company.

And I really don't care what the university decides to do with their alternate jersey for this year but I like where you guys are headed with the Bugeaters jersey and leather helmet look.

Tennessee is switching to Nike IIRC.

And you guys seriously think leather looking helmets and bugeater jerseys would be cool? I'm on the opposite end of that spectrum I suppose..

• Fire 1

Not to nitpick but Notre Dame just signed a $90 million deal with Under Armour

Not to nitpick but Notre Dame just signed a $90 million deal with Under Armour

Guess I wasn't up to date on the new apparel deals. I was just going by what the link above had listed.