2014 Alternate Unis?

Redux

I don't like Texass Home Jerseys, but their road uni's are one of the better combos out there.

You can not touch Texas away jerseys. Especially in the cold. Look like Stormtroopers.

Question: Since NU/WISC is going to be an annual thing starting this season, do you think Adidas is going to try to make that the alternate uniform game every season (The Quick and The Red branding and everything)?

Probably a safe bet. And personally I hope that's the case. Even if they don't always do the alternate jersey thing, to be able to brand what is already turning into a natural rivalry would be a good and productive idea for both schools.

• Fire 1

Ive been lobbying for Wisconsin to wear their red helmets against us. They look better than their normal white lids and we would be more distinguishable.

Meh, the cardinal helmets look great at home but I don't like them with the road uniform.

b9992772z.1_20130907220817_000_gt42cpcj.1-1.jpg20131019_jla_br2_697.0_standard_709.0.jpg

I prefer the stromtrooper look when away, I think it just looks cleaner.

940x.jpg

Not sure why Nebraska doesn't have this uniform.

I'd be cool wearing cardinal helmets for this year's game but it shouldn't be done for Nebraska's sake.

Ive been lobbying for Wisconsin to wear their red helmets against us. They look better than their normal white lids and we would be more distinguishable.

Meh, the cardinal helmets look great at home but I don't like them with the road uniform.

b9992772z.1_20130907220817_000_gt42cpcj.1-1.jpg

I prefer the stromtrooper look when away, I think it just looks cleaner.

940x.jpg

Not sure why Nebraska doesn't have this uniform.

I'd be cool wearing cardinal helmets for this year's game but it shouldn't be done for Nebraska's sake.

I think that red top on red helmet looks incredibly sharp - I would love to see a Nebraska alternate with a red helmet like that.

And we do have the white on white look as an alternate - it's just that the last time we wore it we lost to Colorado 65-51 and you know how Nebraska fans are with alternate uniforms. I personally loved the look.

Ganz1.jpg

joe-ganz-runz.jpg

• Fire 2

Too me if you're going to do a uniform different then the normal, go throw back. I feel like thats the way to go. One i keep coming back to is the 1929 uni.

Nebraskajpg-1500times1318-_zps378b2b2f.png

Love it.

I actually have some sweaters made and distribute them on word of mouth basis.

Checking old pictures and team photos, there are actually "alternates" that are quite desirable for Nebraska fans.

Any research you do, if we stick to tradition and awesomeness, there are GREAT uni opportunities out there.

If we do alternates this year would it have to be against a team that wears adidas?

If that is so then here are our opponents and their brands as of 2013:

Florida Atlantic - Adidas (Home)

McNeese State - ? (Home)

Fresno State - Nike (Away)

MIami - Nike (Home)

Illinois (HC) - Nike (Home)

Michigan State - Nike (Away)

Northwestern - Under Armour (Away)

Rutgers - Nike (Away)

Purdue - Nike (Home)

Wisconsin - Adidas (Away)

Minnesota - Nike (Home)

Iowa - Nike (Away)

So we only have two chances at all adidas.