Espn says we lost out in the realignment

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=10170091

6. Nebraska

The move: Big 12 to Big Ten

Improved visibility: C+

Competitive standing: B-

Future outlook: C

Overall grade: C

This isn't exactly what the Huskers had in mind.

The Nebraska brand has gone stale under coach Bo Pelini in the Big Ten. The Huskers have been solid, but they haven't been great and have almost been reduced to second-tier status behind the likes of Ohio State.

Next year, Nebraska will be in the division opposite Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State, which will make for an easier road to the Big Ten championship game, but also less desirable home schedules.

Can't say I disagree with this list, only have ourselves to blame.

I would, however, disagree with the improved visibility only being a C+. This past year didn't have many games on National TV, but the 2 years prior we had a good run of ABC games between the Wisconsin, Mich st, ohio st, penn st match ups. This was not always the case in the Big 12. Living out here in CA, any knock on visibility can only be blamed on our lackluster performances- not necessarily due to BIG 10 reasons.

Also- I wouldn't say that we have almost been reduced to 2nd tier status behind the likes of Ohio St; sadly we're already there.

Dont' know how you can give those poor of grades when we weren't any better the last several years in the Big XII

I think that's exactly why we received those grades, nothing but average in most categories. We haven't done anything to move the needle to greatly improve in any of these areas since our move- makes sense to receive a C-B- as a result.

http://m.espn.go.com...toryId=10170091

6. Nebraska

The Nebraska brand has gone stale under coach Bo Pelini in the Big Ten. The Huskers have been solid, but they haven't been great and have almost been reduced to second-tier status behind the likes of Ohio State.

Next year, Nebraska will be in the division opposite Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State, which will make for an easier road to the Big Ten championship game, but also less desirable home schedules.

That ship has sailed. They've lost 1 game the last two years. I think it's safe to say we're chasing the Buckeyes at the moment.

• Fire 1

Like some here, I don't see how the visibility has been reduced. More often than not, the team is on ABC/ESPN, even if the times aren't everyone's favorite. That is an order of magnitude better than ppv's or the depths if FOX sports. And the Big Ten channel is a huge plus as well.

Nebraska getting gored on national tv, and the program "going stale" (I would say regressing) is only the fault of the man the OP named.

And judging by our "outlook" grade, they don't buy the ridiculous "Bo needs more time" excuse.

• Fire 1

ESPN has an hour of solid sports to report and 24 hours to fill...

...hence we get such pearls of wisdom to take up the other 23 hours.

Leaving the Big XII was a good move, despite the predictions of Texas University that A&M, Missouri, and Nebraska would be so sorry one day that we dumped them.

Like some here, I don't see how the visibility has been reduced. More often than not, the team is on ABC/ESPN, even if the times aren't everyone's favorite. That is an order of magnitude better than ppv's or the depths if FOX sports. And the Big Ten channel is a huge plus as well.

Nebraska getting gored on national tv, and the program "going stale" (I would say regressing) is only the fault of the man the OP named.

And judging by our "outlook" grade, they don't buy the ridiculous "Bo needs more time" excuse.

Who gives a rat's posterior what ESPN "says"?

http://m.espn.go.com...toryId=10170091

6. Nebraska

That ship has sailed. They've lost 1 game the last two years. I think it's safe to say we're chasing the Buckeyes at the moment.

As is all but maybe 3-5 teams in the entire country.

You can not "care" or you can call them "dumb". But when 90% of this entire board scoffed with their infinitely better wisdom when Espn people like Kirk Herbstriet had the audacity to pick Michigan St to win the Legends, and they do, and win the conference to boot, well it makes me chuckle.

As for this. "This isn't exactly what the Huskers had in mind.

Nebraska's big rivalry game these days is Iowa, which doesn't exactly move the needle, especially for a program that once played in one of college football's top rivalries (against Oklahoma).

Recruits seem to be sensing the unrest, too. Nebraska currently has a recruiting ranking outside the top 40. That would have been heresy for the Nebraska of the old Big Eight."

What part of that is wrong? Not the recruiting ranking. Not the apathy about Iowa (there was a post here saying we were "above" them, never mind they trounced NU by three scores in Lincoln). If anything, the assessment is too kind.

Hmmmm- well, I can think of a few reasons. Maybe because they are the only sports outlet that provides around the clock coverage, whether that be actual sports or BS side stories, no other network comes close to their offering. As much as you may disagree with ESPN's style, you're being rather ignorant if you think no one cares what ESPN says. There coverage, power and influence they have in sports is unmatched and is often the reason why they can spin up and run with stories with no basing because the masses will pay attention. Not to mention that probably 99% of High school sports fans will say ESPN is their go to network for sports coverage- so what ESPN has to say about Nebraska football does have some affect on our affairs.

I would say quite a bit of people care what ESPN has to say.

• Fire 2