Will the Big 10 Go 1- 6? I Hope!

Auburn plays great offense and barely fields a defense.

And Michigan State has an overrated defense. At least in Auburn's case, they actually played some high powered offenses. What "great" defense did MSU play? Just tOSU? Their defense got manhandled by a scout team OL and a second string QB. Had we never shot ourselves in the foot and given 4 unforced turnovers, MSU wouldn't be in this game right now.

Auburn would have zero (slight exaggeration) chance against MSU if you ask me. They are way too one dimensional offensively.

And Michigan State has an overrated defense. At least in Auburn's case, they actually played some high powered offenses. What "great" defense did MSU play? Just tOSU? Their defense got manhandled by a scout team OL and a second string QB. Had we never shot ourselves in the foot and given 4 unforced turnovers, MSU wouldn't be in this game right now.

Why not look at it as...... maybe our "scout team" O line and that second string QB might show that we have good depth on O and the future looks bright because without those "4 unforced turnovers" we would have beet the team that ultimately beet OSU and won the Rose Bowl.

What exactly does that have to do with the initial statement that I said that MSU has an overrated defense? I have already stated that our future looks bright? Must I have to say this in every post? Lol

Auburn would have zero (slight exaggeration) chance against MSU if you ask me. They are way too one dimensional offensively.

Nebraska is also one dimensional, and we almost beat them. Auburn also holds onto the ball and has a MUCH more dangerous offense than us. I just disagree. Auburn's offense is absolutely dangerous. The best in the nation in my opinion. MSU beat a Stanford team who doesn't even come close to having a top 25 offense. Congrats to MSU. Not taking credit away from their win tonight, but there is just no way they are better than Auburn.

why did stanford kick a FG with 4:20 left in the game...it was 4th and 2 and the FG only got them within 4...I thought Stanford was a "smart school"

Because with 4:20 left on the clock, your most likely going to get the ball back with a good amount of time back (as you saw). Dumb thing would have been to go for it, turn the ball over and have to possibly come back from a 10-14 point deficit if MSU scored off your turnover.

But they were barely moving the ball....I could see if it brought them to within 3....I just think they could have held had they gone for it and failed and still got the ball back with the same amount of time on the clock.

But what if MSU scores 7 off their failure? That is what I am getting at, and probably the same thinking the coaches had. 3 is better than 0, especially when your only down by 1 score. If MSU would have been up by 11+, I am sure they would have gone for it.

why did stanford kick a FG with 4:20 left in the game...it was 4th and 2 and the FG only got them within 4...I thought Stanford was a "smart school"

Because with 4:20 left on the clock, your most likely going to get the ball back with a good amount of time back (as you saw). Dumb thing would have been to go for it, turn the ball over and have to possibly come back from a 10-14 point deficit if MSU scored off your turnover.

yeah, it was 100% the right call. get the points so a td wins it and trust your 'd'. they got the ball back with 3:00 mins. left, i believe.

But they were barely moving the ball....I could see if it brought them to within 3....I just think they could have held had they gone for it and failed and still got the ball back with the same amount of time on the clock.

But what if MSU scores 7 off their failure? That is what I am getting at, and probably the same thinking the coaches had. 3 is better than 0, especially when your only down by 1 score. If MSU would have been up by 11+, I am sure they would have gone for it.

If MSU scores 7, they were done anyway. Kicking a FG didn't change much for Stanford - they still had to score a TD, though that could have won it instead of tied it. But they still had to get in the end zone at some point.

I would have gone for it. Even if they didn't get it, it's not great field position for MSU.