***National Championship Discussion Thread***

Excel

BCS National Championship  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Someone's REALLY hoping for an Auburn win:

There will be many nervous Auburn fans Monday night as they watch their Tigers take on Florida State in the VIZIO BCS National Championship, but Mark Skiba is an odds-on favorite to be among the most skittish.

Last January, Skiba's father was on vacation in Las Vegas when he placed a $100 bet for his son on Auburn to win the title game at 500-to-1 odds. The team's thrilling finishes against Georgia and Alabama, and a loss by Ohio State to Michigan State in the Big Ten championship game, resulted in the Tigers landing in Pasadena opposite the top-ranked Seminoles.

ncf_ticketlarge_300x300.jpg

500-1 for Auburn at the beginning of the season? That was a pretty good bet. They only had three tough games on their sched: aTm and LSU on the road and Georgia at home (they to lost LSU). And then the SEC championship game.

500-1 for Auburn at the beginning of the season? That was a pretty good bet. They only had three tough games on their sched: aTm and LSU on the road and Georgia at home (they to lost LSU). And then the SEC championship game.

True. Except for the part where they couldn't beat Miss St., Arky, Ole Miss or Vandy last year.

Despite me picking Auburn to win, I got FSU when you could still get it at -8.5 a few days ago. Up to 10.5.

During the Sugar Bowl?

looks like I placed it on 1/2/2014 at 10:01 p.m. LOL

Thought I remembered you posting something about it during the game. I probably should have taken you up on it.

True. Except for the part where they couldn't beat Miss St., Arky, Ole Miss or Vandy last year.

Hence the 500-1. :lol: