SIGNED WR Jariah Tolbert

Seriously guys, who gives a crap about 40 times?

If you think they're a good way to evaluate players, you need to go away and come back after you've educated yourself.

Well, I have never seen a WR run a 5.0 40, so the 40 time shows some threshold of a player's ability. If Chris Johnson runs a 4.6 instead of a 4.24, he doesn't get drafted and certainly doesn't run for 2000 yards in an NFL season. No, a 40 times doesn't matter by itself, but it shows a player's potential capabilities and how that can translate on to the football field. So who gives a crap about 40 times? Every NFL coach, scout, GM, owners, people who evaluate players for a living - exactly what we are doing here, evaluating a player.

See Terrell Davis. Didn't run close to a 4.24 ever and ran for 2000 yards. Oh and he was a 6th round pick.

Plus you are also comparing a junior/senior in college to a senior in HS. Something tells me that Chris Johnson wasn't running 4.24 out of HS either.

I think it's time you find something else to harp about. Because this kid has been offered and accepted a scholarship and I have a feeling the coaches know a lot more than you about his perceived 40 time.

• Fire 1

Seriously guys, who gives a crap about 40 times?

If you think they're a good way to evaluate players, you need to go away and come back after you've educated yourself.

Well, I have never seen a WR run a 5.0 40, so the 40 time shows some threshold of a player's ability. If Chris Johnson runs a 4.6 instead of a 4.24, he doesn't get drafted and certainly doesn't run for 2000 yards in an NFL season. No, a 40 times doesn't matter by itself, but it shows a player's potential capabilities and how that can translate on to the football field. So who gives a crap about 40 times? Every NFL coach, scout, GM, owners, people who evaluate players for a living - exactly what we are doing here, evaluating a player.

See Terrell Davis. Didn't run close to a 4.24 ever and ran for 2000 yards. Oh and he was a 6th round pick.

Plus you are also comparing a junior/senior in college to a senior in HS. Something tells me that Chris Johnson wasn't running 4.24 out of HS either.

I think it's time you find something else to harp about. Because this kid has been offered and accepted a scholarship and I have a feeling the coaches know a lot more than you about his perceived 40 time.

Boom! School is out!

There's so much we don't know about the kid. We haven't evaluated his game tape, watched him play, or ever talked to the young man.

For all we know, he stumbled during his one timed 40, never found time to make it up (probably because they're worthless for a HS prospect), and submitted that time to the recruiting sites.

Cmon man.

There's so much we don't know about the kid. We haven't evaluated his game tape, watched him play, or ever talked to the young man.

For all we know, he stumbled during his one timed 40, never found time to make it up (probably because they're worthless for a HS prospect), and submitted that time to the recruiting sites.

Cmon man.

Have not formed an opinion on this kid yet ... but ... I also don't know how you find "gems" and "turn over every rock" on the recruiting trail ... if you have not evaluated his tape, watched him play or talk to the guy. I also like Macros positives he listed. At this point ... I trust the coaches ... and at this point ... I don't have enough information to feel comfortable with the choice with quite a few other WR's on our board that have been evaluated, watched and talked to.

Nothing here to divide us over ... I'm just waiting for the pieces to come together so it makes sense in my mind.

OU just got a verbal from a 2 star OL that had offers from tamu, Texass, Florida st, Florida among others. Hmmm.

Solid! That's pretty much the exact same thing as our 2 star commit who has offers from Kent State, Northern Colorado, Tulane, and Utah.

“Tolbert runs tough after the catch, often tacking on 10-to-30 additional yards after initial contact. He was fearless while running routes in heavy traffic and his willingness to make the short catch and absorb punishment from defenders was crucial in helping Karr's offense stretch the field by keeping opponents honest vs. the short- to-intermediate passing game.”