Black Friday Sale Rush - America Tradition

It's America baby! Buying a bunch of crap made in China. I'm guilty of it too, but I at least tried...I bought a Vizio TV because even though most of the parts are from Asia, at least it's assembled and owned by an American company in California (and yes, I understand I don't currently live in the U.S.) But these days I do try to be cognizant of the products offered by my home country. Hell, I was at the supermarket 2 days ago here in NZ and went out of my way to pay a little bit more for U.S. grapes and green peppers (They tell you where all the produce comes from). So I do try to help on a miniscule level.

You own Toys-R-Us, Datsun, Heeda, etc. cars? I refuse to purchase Japanese products. Remember Pearl Harbor?

Umm...what?

You bought a Toys-R-Us, Datsun, Heeda, etc

translate

You bought a Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc

I'm really struggling to figure out how I was talking about buying Japanese cars.

Not buying Japanese products due to an event that happened over 70 years ago which you weren't even alive for is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life. Emperor Hirohito is dead, he is no longer running that country. Nobody involved with the decision to bomb Pearl Harbor is in charge of that country.

Now if you said you don't buy Japanese products because they are sh#t, thatd be a better reason than Pearl Harbor...

Not buying Japanese products due to an event that happened over 70 years ago which you weren't even alive for is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life. Emperor Hirohito is dead, he is no longer running that country. Nobody involved with the decision to bomb Pearl Harbor is in charge of that country.

Now if you said you don't buy Japanese products because they are sh#t, thatd be a better reason than Pearl Harbor...

one uncle died in Pearl Harbor attack and another uncle died in Japanese march (torture to death). Thus enemy forever, my choice. You probably forgiven 9/11 terrorist countries.

Two events........ no notice attacks in our soil, Pearl and 9/11.

Many salutes to your uncles for their service.

Which countries are the 9/11 terrorist ones? Is English stuff OK?

Are the in-store deals really that good? Seems like there's a lot of good stuff online, which also saves a lot of time, which is also money. And then there's not buying anything which saves even more! :lol: That $220 1080 50'' TV sounds phenomenal though. I don't know my TV prices, but damn that sounds low.

• Fire 1

one uncle died in Pearl Harbor attack and another uncle died in Japanese march (torture to death). Thus enemy forever, my choice. You probably forgiven 9/11 terrorist countries.

I had family die in WW2 also. Does that mean I should hate Germany and Italy for the rest of my life too?

9/11 was done by Al Qaeda. A terrorist organization, not a country. Not everyone living in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, etc. is a terrorist. Why should those people be condemned because of the actions of the few?

• Fire 4

I had family die in WW2 also. Does that mean I should hate Germany and Italy for the rest of my life too?

9/11 was done by Al Qaeda. A terrorist organization, not a country. Not everyone living in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, etc. is a terrorist. Why should those people be condemned because of the actions of the few?

Germany (plus Italy) and Japan was completely different. Once again, no notice attack in OUR soil. And Japan violate Geneva pact, bigtime (see Japan march for example)

Germany (plus Italy) and Japan was completely different. Once again, no notice attack in OUR soil. And Japan violate Geneva pact, bigtime (see Japan march for example)

The U.S. would have gotten involved in the war eventually w/o Pearl Harbor. There was too much pressure from our allies to stay out of it. Everyone knew this, including Japan. And they also knew they wouldn't be able to defeat us w/o crippling our Pacific fleet. Which is why Pearl Harbor was attacked. Why would they tell us? The damn world was at war. Did we tell them before we dropped two atomic bombs on two of their cities?

Japan was the only country that committed war crimes during WW2? I guess the Holocaust was a hoax. Dude, the entire Axis powers were lead by maniacal lunatics. Not just Japan. They are no longer lead by maniacal lunatics. Time to get over it.

Sorry for the history lesson people.