Black Friday Sale Rush - America Tradition

Not participate but my wife and my daughters loved it. One daughter bought a Westinghouse 50" 1080p flatscreen TV.......price?... only $220 via Walmart. Good deal huh? How about you? Granted, Westinghouse is not the best but not the worst, middle of the road according to numerous reviews. I remember my dad bought a Magnavox 23" CRT at $500 on sale way back in 1970 (circa.)

BTW, Magnavox is still in business? :dunno

It's America baby! Buying a bunch of crap made in China. I'm guilty of it too, but I at least tried...I bought a Vizio TV because even though most of the parts are from Asia, at least it's assembled and owned by an American company in California (and yes, I understand I don't currently live in the U.S.) But these days I do try to be cognizant of the products offered by my home country. Hell, I was at the supermarket 2 days ago here in NZ and went out of my way to pay a little bit more for U.S. grapes and green peppers (They tell you where all the produce comes from). So I do try to help on a miniscule level.

It's America baby! Buying a bunch of crap made in China. I'm guilty of it too, but I at least tried...I bought a Vizio TV because even though most of the parts are from Asia, at least it's assembled and owned by an American company in California (and yes, I understand I don't currently live in the U.S.) But these days I do try to be cognizant of the products offered by my home country. Hell, I was at the supermarket 2 days ago here in NZ and went out of my way to pay a little bit more for U.S. grapes and green peppers (They tell you where all the produce comes from). So I do try to help on a miniscule level.

You bought a Toys-R-Us, Datsun, Heeda, etc. cars? I hope not. I refuse to purchase Japanese products. Remember Pearl Harbor?

You own Toys-R-Us, Datsun, Heeda, etc. cars? I refuse to purchase Japanese products. Remember Pearl Harbor?

Umm...what?

You own Toys-R-Us, Datsun, Heeda, etc. cars? I refuse to purchase Japanese products. Remember Pearl Harbor?

Umm...what?

You bought a Toys-R-Us, Datsun, Heeda, etc

translate

You bought a Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc

A January 15 thread about Black Friday sales? :dunno

This, and the thread complaining about the final second of the 2009 CCG makes me wonder if a bunch of people have old threads in their outbox and forget to hit send/receive.

My spark was credit/debit card statements :steam . Blame on my wife (and daughters too). Me: save save save. Wife: spend spend spend

• Fire 1

You bought a Toys-R-Us, Datsun, Heeda, etc. cars? I hope not. I refuse to purchase Japanese products. Remember Pearl Harbor?

:facepalm:

I'm glad Black Friday has become an American Tradition. And I'm glad that people stand it line during the wee hours of the morning to get these bargains. Because now a lot of the good sales carry over to the days following Black Friday. For folks like me who choose not to stand in line in the cold of the early morning. So, THANKS! :lol: