Super Bowl XLVIII Discussion Thread

Mavric

This one ranks right up there when Doug Williams went all gang nam style on the donkeys

Nah, XXIV remains the most lopsided in history -- the 49ers won, 55-10. So while it's still possible, Denver still has a ways to go to take that record away from...Denver.

Difference is those Bronco teams were CARRIED by Elway - they really didn't have the talent around him to deserve to be there. This Bronco team has talent everywhere on offense. They just found about every possible way to implode today.

Have you never heard of the 3 Amigos??? Those teams had just add much receiving power. And honestly those Denver teams may have had a better defense with Mecklenberg, Atwater, and Smith.

This one ranks right up there when Doug Williams went all gang nam style on the donkeys

Nah, XXIV remains the most lopsided in history -- the 49ers won, 55-10. So while it's still possible, Denver still has a ways to go to take that record away from...Denver.

Difference is those Bronco teams were CARRIED by Elway - they really didn't have the talent around him to deserve to be there. This Bronco team has talent everywhere on offense. They just found about every possible way to implode today.

Have you never heard of the 3 Amigos??? Those teams had just add much receiving power. And honestly those Denver teams may have had a better defense with Mecklenberg, Atwater, and Smith.

I've absolutely heard of them. They were OK. Johnson was pretty good but Jackson and Nattiel were average. Elway made them look good.

I was mainly talking about the offense. The defenses on those Broncos teams were decent but not great. They had a few really good players - mainly the ones you mentioned - but not a lot after that. This year's Bronco defense was probably better if they had all their guys. Missing two starters on the DLine, the runner-up defensive player of the year from a year ago, and two starters in the defensive backfield really showed up today.

I've absolutely heard of them. They were OK. Johnson was pretty good but Jackson and Nattiel were average. Elway made them look good.

I was mainly talking about the offense. The defenses on those Broncos teams were decent but not great. They had a few really good players - mainly the ones you mentioned - but not a lot after that. This year's Bronco defense was probably better if they had all their guys. Missing two starters on the DLine, the runner-up defensive player of the year from a year ago, and two starters in the defensive backfield really showed up today.

That Super Bowl 24 donkey team her the number one scoring defense in the league that year. Even Tony Romo laughs at this Bronco defense

Russel Wilson is better than I thought he was, and I already thought he was good. Props to the Denver defense for keeping Lynch in check almost the entire game. Wilson kept a lot of plays alive with his feet and made some excellent throws. That Seahawks defense....wow. Enough said.

Congrats to Seattle and Seattle fans. Savage Husker is the only Seattle fan on this board that I've seen have the balls to fess up to it prior to being Super Bowl Champs. Now some of you jock sniffers will surely come out claiming to be Seattle fans or fans of RW or whatever, but he'll, many of you have made your bandwagon status pretty clear by the way you follow and support this Husker squad....so, again, I'm never surprised by Huskerboard.

That Super Bowl 24 donkey team her the number one scoring defense in the league that year. Even Tony Romo laughs at this Bronco defense

That year their defense was pretty good - until they gave up 55 to SF. The earlier two weren't as good.

But if the Broncos had the best defense that year, one of the best QBs of all time and such great receivers, how did they go 11-5, barely make it out of the divisional round and get blown out in the Super Bowl?

Russel Wilson is better than I thought he was, and I already thought he was good. Props to the Denver defense for keeping Lynch in check almost the entire game. Wilson kept a lot of plays alive with his feet and made some excellent throws. That Seahawks defense....wow. Enough said.

Congrats to Seattle and Seattle fans. Savage Husker is the only Seattle fan on this board that I've seen have the balls to fess up to it prior to being Super Bowl Champs. Now some of you jock sniffers will surely come out claiming to be Seattle fans or fans of RW or whatever, but he'll, many of you have made your bandwagon status pretty clear by the way you follow and support this Husker squad....so, again, I'm never surprised by Huskerboard.

So when do I get my kudos for being an open Chiefs fan?

dick.

So when do I get my kudos for being an open Chiefs fan?

dick.

When you win the Super Bowl in my lifetime.

Ass.

Knew how much a win would've meant to ya True. I got mine tonight, so I won't be too upset if you get yours next year. With that said, Manning aint gonna get you there. There's about 3-4 defenses in the NFC just as, or close, to as good as the Hawks. Don't think Osweiller is the guy either. You have some real nice, young pieces at several spots on both sides though.

Knew how much a win would've meant to ya True. I got mine tonight, so I won't be too upset if you get yours next year. With that said, Manning aint gonna get you there. There's about 3-4 defenses in the NFC just as, or close, to as good as the Hawks. Don't think Osweiller is the guy either. You have some real nice, young pieces at several spots on both sides though.

I'm beginning to think its going to take a dual threat like RW or Kaepernick......something like that to win it. The position is evolving. I like osweiler but he's no mobile guy either. You guys have all the pieces, no kidding. A repeat may be realistic.

I'm beginning to think its going to take a dual threat like RW or Kaepernick......something like that to win it. The position is evolving. I like osweiler but he's no mobile guy either. You guys have all the pieces, no kidding. A repeat may be realistic.

That'd be nice. But in honesty, the only way Seattle's lost this year was against great defenses, and frankly bad luck (literally Luck in Indy). Having Miller makes the Broncos much better defensively, and I think his presence would have made things closer tonight. Need more youth/talent in the backend, and more depth up front. DRC and Trevathan are great players.