DB Markell Boston [Auburn - Signed LOI]

I get what you all are saying and certainly make some good points. In some cases I think that would be the case, however, there was no reason for him to tweet "Tic"...if he wasn't going to commit. So either he was messing with us or something made him change his mind after that. I think the chances of him getting an offer from either Auburn or Bama are pretty high. If he isn't sure after a visit that seems to be filled with positive momentum and numerous 2014/15 commits, then I think our staff has better things to do than just hope and cross our fingers a SEC team doesn't offer.

Well, we don't know why he tweeted "Tic..." then decided to wait until NSD. It could easily be that he was feeling Nebraska wanted to commit this weekend, but the coaching staff knew he was still interested in the Alabama or Auburn offers and said, "don't commit now, go home think about it, and make sure you are 100% N (which they do all the time)." This would actually work to the coaches advantage because they are in a position now to go out and try to get another recruit interested (like you suggest) rather than having a commit that they don't know if he will sign on NSD or jump at the last second, leaving them high and dry and out of time to recruit someone else.

Point is, we don't know why he sent out the tweet. What we know is, he is obviously interested (per his visit and tweet), and it will come down to a Nebraska, Alabama, and Auburn choice on NSD. Coaches would be smart to make sure they have a plan B, but hope we land Markell.

I get what you all are saying and certainly make some good points. In some cases I think that would be the case, however, there was no reason for him to tweet "Tic"...if he wasn't going to commit. So either he was messing with us or something made him change his mind after that. I think the chances of him getting an offer from either Auburn or Bama are pretty high. If he isn't sure after a visit that seems to be filled with positive momentum and numerous 2014/15 commits, then I think our staff has better things to do than just hope and cross our fingers a SEC team doesn't offer.

Well, we don't know why he tweeted "Tic..." then decided to wait until NSD. It could easily be that he was feeling Nebraska wanted to commit this weekend, but the coaching staff knew he was still interested in the Alabama or Auburn offers and said, "don't commit now, go home think about it, and make sure you are 100% N (which they do all the time)." This would actually work to the coaches advantage because they are in a position now to go out and try to get another recruit interested (like you suggest) rather than having a commit that they don't know if he will sign on NSD or jump at the last second, leaving them high and dry and out of time to recruit someone else.

Point is, we don't know why he sent out the tweet. What we know is, he is obviously interested (per his visit and tweet), and it will come down to a Nebraska, Alabama, and Auburn choice on NSD. Coaches would be smart to make sure they have a plan B, but hope we land Markell.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree on this one.

That's fair.

That's fair.

Dammit guys, this isn't how you do it. Where's the name-calling?

Can't argue with either of those, but I'd add that he also has a better chance in the SEC of getting his scholarship taken away if the coaches find someone they like better during his career and of playing for a team that gets probation. At NU he has a better chance of getting a real education, both in the classroom and out, as Bo and his staff help him develop into a responsible young man.

I'd think we were going to make a hard push for Frison regardless to round out the OL class this year.

We were recruiting Boston as a DB, and we currently have none of those left on our board. If we still have an in home with this kid left (can you still use those this close to signing day...???), I wouldn't count us out just yet. That's absolutely Bo's forte in recruiting, and he's had many a coup after sitting down on a coach with the family.

Beyond that, with the losses of Lockhart and likely Stewart, I'd expect them to check in with Desean Blair if they like him enough to make him a part of this class.

Outside of those two guys... I have no idea. It'd have to be a total surprise at the last minute.

It wouldn't hurt to visit again but I don't think it matters. He's Bama/Auburn if he gets an offer and us if he doesn't.

From the looks of the Auburn Board they did offer him this morning

247 has listed an Auburn offer. Going to go to NSD, but hope we get Boston. Lot of flip predictions to Auburn.

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Markell-Boston-at-East-Coweta-60370/Predictions