QB Alex Delton [Kansas State Commit]

Unofficial visitor for the MSU game last year.

Watched his film. Seems to be a really decent quarterback and I think he's got a TON of potential in our system. His HS offense was pretty similar to ours, though they ran a lot of option out of the veer. But it's a plus he's already got option experience, and they did have quite a bit of zone read in there too. He's got really good wiggle on the option. At first I didn't think he was a real burner running it, but his junior highlights show him breaking away more than he did in the sophomore film, and apparently he ran a 4.43 at KSU's camp where they ended up offering. So he's working on that extra gear. As for the arm... really impressive for a HS kid. Obviously not a Peyton Manning or Luck type that can just set in the pocket a scorch lasers all over the field, but film shows pretty damn good accuracy on the longer throws. One thing that really impressed me was his ability to throw on the run. Against the grain, rolling out to his right... kid had excellent touch on the ball when rolling out or scrambling. Doesn't have that deer in the headlights look under pressure... very decisive when things break down.

Coaches reportedly have him at the top of our QB board for next year, and with good reason. Kid's a baller and would fit what Beck wants in a QB to a tee.

Barney, Beck, and Garrison have all visited the kid multiple times already and he says he has a good relationship with all three of them, so we've got a good head start on this kid. There definitely seems to be some interest.

Really like this kid. Kinda looks like Russel Wilson. If he was 2 inches taller the offers would be bigger. Keep mining that Kansas talent.

Funny you compare him to Russell Wilson (5'11"), then say he should be taller (which I know that is not what you meant). Not for nothing, but many teams passed on :star :star Wilson, too. See how that turned out.

Really like this kid. Kinda looks like Russel Wilson. If he was 2 inches taller the offers would be bigger. Keep mining that Kansas talent.

Funny you compare him to Russell Wilson (5'11"), then say he should be taller (which I know that is not what you meant). Not for nothing, but many teams passed on :star :star Wilson, too. See how that turned out.

Where did he say he should be taller?

Where did he say he should be taller?

He said Delton might get better offers if he was 2" taller. I recognized that he did not specifically say he should be taller, see what I wrote in italics. Rather, I thought it was interesting to imply his stature was holding him back from bigger offers while comparing him to a Super Bowl champion QB of similar height.