NFL Combine 2014.

Fuzzy

So the overall consensus is that Taylor will have a career much like Scott Frost in the NFL?

Safety/Special Teams?

Martinez will NEVER have anything close to the type of career Scott Frost had in the NFL. Frost was tough as nails. TM? Not so much. And even more unlikely is a scenario where he'll be ask to handle the ball. Have some if you forgotten how philanthropic he is with the football? I won't even talk about how much sturdier the locker room lockers are in the NFL, and TM didn't do too well last time he went up against a collegiate locker. Shoot, maybe he can be a kicker.

I'll bet a days worth of +1s that if he's 100% on pro day, he runs a 4.5 or better. Some people are just fast!

If he doesn't run a sub 4.5 (which i don't think he will) - everyone will just say he's not 100%. I don't see Taylor ever being 'freshman' fast again. I'm curious to see what his 40 is. We've never really known.

(Denard ran a 4.43 last year)

Spencer Long Q&A, NFL combine report

By Mike'l Severe PUBLISHED WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2014 AT 12:03 PM / UPDATED AT 11:28 PM

It’s one of the toughest job interviews you will ever experience. Not only are you expected to answer multiple personal questions, but a poor performance could cost you millions. The NFL combine starts this weekend with tight ends, quarterbacks and offensive linemen hitting the field at Lucas Oil Stadium on Saturday in Indianapolis.

But long before the athletes run, jump and lift, they are poked, prodded, X-rayed, and weighed and measured to the ounce and hundredth of an inch. All while facing interviews with general managers, scouts and coaches 15 minutes at a time. It’s a sleep-deprived process designed to be grueling on the athlete so each player can be tested on even footing and under pressure.

LINK

Article by Severe talking to Spencer Long.

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC 9m

Stanley Jean-Baptiste could solidify himself as a 2nd or 3rd rounder if he runs well in Indy, says one draft analyst. http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/article_4bc885ba-a602-5ed4-8555-659dfe500760.html …

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC 1m

Russ Lande also calls SJB potential 1st round sleeper with a strong combine. “I’m not saying that’s likely. But a 6-2 corner that can run?"

Former Nebraska guard Spencer Long did not take part in the bench press Friday as offensive linemen tested at the NFL Combine.

Long told The World-Herald last week that he would decide when he got to Indianapolis whether he would lift or not. The three-year Husker starter had a setback in his upper-body training last month when he required an emergency appendectomy.

OWH