Most under appreciated Husker....?

The obvious, and correct answer is Taylor Martinez. Another to think about was Baker Steinkuhler. Can you imagine what that dline would have been like without him? 70-31 the entire season...

I agree Steinkuhler is one who is recently very under appreciated, but I also think we wasted his talents here. We put him where he wasn't best. He should have been on the OL from day one and never moved. Had he have been there, I could almost guarantee he would have been drafted in the first 3 rounds. I feel bad for the guy.

Tommie Frazier -- He was even MORE awesome than we remember!

How is he under appreciated? The guy is still talked about these days, and not even just by Husker fans. He definitely gets the appreciation he deserves, even 18 years later.

The poor sap who got destroyed picking up a muffed hold and throwing it to Darin Erstad for a two point conversion. I think it was Vedral... eyeswear2allthatsholy

I remember everybody celebrating with Erstad while that guy laid on his back, watching Memorial Stadium slow revolve, round and round, in a haze... :dumdum

The poor sap who got destroyed picking up a muffed hold and throwing it to Darin Erstad for a two point conversion. I think it was Vedral... eyeswear2allthatsholy

I remember everybody celebrating with Erstad while that guy laid on his back, watching Memorial Stadium slow revolve, round and round, in a haze... :dumdum

Yes it was Vedral.

Ha. Nice recall.

"DOUBLE EXTRA POINT! DOUBLE EXTRA POINT! DOUBLE EXTRA POINT!"

I remember listening to that Pavelka call live thinking "Double extra point!!?? What the hell just happened? What's going on? What the hell is a double extra point?!!"

Mr. Accountability, I am a little shocked to find another person who gives Jamal Lord any credit. I don't know how many times he was sent back to pass on 3rd and ridiculous and ended up clawing, pushing, driving, and stretching for a first down on a scramble, or at least going down fighting in a sea of defenders somewhere close to it...mostly on his own.

Jamal wasn't a natural born passer, but as you said, that wasn't anything new for Nebraska. He was all heart and soul and effort from what I saw, though.

Someone said that he doesn't have a lot of good feelings for Nebraska after his career here. I hope that's not true.

Mr. Accountability, I am a little shocked to find another person who gives Jamal Lord any credit. I don't know how many times he was sent back to pass on 3rd and ridiculous and ended up clawing, pushing, driving, and stretching for a first down on a scramble, or at least going down fighting in a sea of defenders somewhere close to it...mostly on his own.

Jamal wasn't a natural born passer, but as you said, that wasn't anything new for Nebraska. He was all heart and soul and effort from what I saw, though.

Someone said that he doesn't have a lot of good feelings for Nebraska after his career here. I hope that's not true.

Wouldnt blame him. He caught a lot of grief. Every discussion over Jamal all I can say is, give him the backs, oline, and defense to stand behind him that Crouch, Frost and Frazier had. It's that simple. Lord was a god damn warrior as well.

to be fair, Vedral probably put some dbacks in a haze, too. I remember him blocking like a truck.

I believe we were in a cover 2 zone. If we were in a cover 2 zone then that was O'Hanlon's job to cover deep, its not the cb's assignment to cover deep in a cover 2 zone. Now if it was cover 3 then that's a different story but it sure looked like we were in a cover 2 zone, I could be mistaken. Regardless, I don't know why you would call a cover 2 zone in that situation anyways.