Most under appreciated Husker....?

All I remember about O'Hanlon is the blown play at Virginia Tech, not saying he wasn't good but that's the only memory I have.

So you don't remember him picking off Landry Jones 3 times, or having the best game of his career against Texas in the Big 12 CCG? And that play wasn't his fault against VA Tech, I believe it was Anthony West.

I was at work during most of those two games, so nope I don't have any recollection of his play.

All I remember about O'Hanlon is the blown play at Virginia Tech, not saying he wasn't good but that's the only memory I have.

So you don't remember him picking off Landry Jones 3 times, or having the best game of his career against Texas in the Big 12 CCG? And that play wasn't his fault against VA Tech, I believe it was Anthony West.

I was at work during most of those two games, so nope I don't have any recollection of his play.

XP6qOOj.gif

• Fire 2

Toniu Fonoti

In 2001 he recorded a historical 201 pancake blocks in a season along with a single game best 32 pancake blocks vs Texas Tech. The O-Line in 2001 was dominant...my eyes get watery remembering those days.

He was an All-American and a first round pick, I'm not sure he was "under appreciated".

imo.

Toniu Fonoti

In 2001 he recorded a historical 201 pancake blocks in a season along with a single game best 32 pancake blocks vs Texas Tech. The O-Line in 2001 was dominant...my eyes get watery remembering those days.

He was an All-American and a first round pick, I'm not sure he was "under appreciated".

imo.

Acutally [i'm closing my eyes while saying this to show my smuggness] he was a second round pick.

Toniu Fonoti In 2001 he recorded a historical 201 pancake blocks in a season along with a single game best 32 pancake blocks vs Texas Tech. The O-Line in 2001 was dominant...my eyes get watery remembering those days.
He was an All-American and a first round pick, I'm not sure he was "under appreciated". imo.
Acutally [i'm closing my eyes while saying this to show my smuggness] he was a second round pick.

Thanks.gif

I would have to say the person in the Lil' Red mascot. They have to put on that stupid effin thing every game knowing how much people hate it. Obviously they love NU enough to go through that shiat. It's more than I would do, that's for sure.

I had the understanding that the person in the Lil Red costume got a free semester of school. Is that true?

Matt O'hanlon, after that VaTech game (which has been hashed, re-hashed, and then hashed again into an oblivion of hash, was not his fault to begin with) really had the light come on. The guy was a rocket out of that secondary. I'd take half a dozen guys who would play like that.

I was going to name him as well. Kid was a beast in the open field. I would love a team with kids as fundamentally sound as him.

I woud also add Jamal Lord to this list. IMO, had no supporting cast and played his a$$ off. No quit. Still one of my favorites.

Matt O'hanlon, after that VaTech game (which has been hashed, re-hashed, and then hashed again into an oblivion of hash, was not his fault to begin with) really had the light come on. The guy was a rocket out of that secondary. I'd take half a dozen guys who would play like that.

I was going to name him as well. Kid was a beast in the open field. I would love a team with kids as fundamentally sound as him.

I woud also add Jamal Lord to this list. IMO, had no supporting cast and played his a$$ off. No quit. Still one of my favorites.

Thank you. Another Lord fan. Same here. That poor guy caught so much grief. And his passing ability was no worse than that of Frazier, Frost and Crouch. But like you said, he had no supporting cast. I'd say he didnt have half the Oline, half the tailbacks, and for a season, even a 4th of the defenses them other 3 guys had to back them up. And yet, also like you said, he played his tail off and was often the leader of what offense we did have in that stretch.