Marcus Smart Pushes Fan

Husker John

Makes Smart look like the bad guy. And he'll be the only one penalized, in the game and in the draft. But I have a feeling that that TT fan is the real jackass in this. Whatever comment he yelled at Smart started this whole thing.

The fan is way more at fault than Smart here.

Yes and no.

The problem is that he probably wont face any reprcussions for what led to him getting pushed, but I would bet he had to say something pretty graphic to get that response. If it comes out that he dropped the N-word or something i hope Texas Tech bans him from basketball games for at least a year

That being said, if a guy is doing that, all you have to do if you are smart is tell someone and that fan will get kicked out.

There's this little thing called free speech that people seem to want to forget. You can't ban certain words. That would be a dictatorship, no matter how ugly the words. Fans have been yelling and screaming slurs at players forever. This isn't new. If a white player had done this and the fan had called him a cracker or little white boy, would he be receiving the same kind of support from the people on this board and in the media, or are we only supposed to care about the poor negroes?

There's this little thing called free speech that people seem to want to forget. You can't ban certain words. That would be a dictatorship, no matter how ugly the words. Fans have been yelling and screaming slurs at players forever. This isn't new. If a white player had done this and the fan had called him a cracker or little white boy, would he be receiving the same kind of support from the people on this board and in the media, or are we only supposed to care about the poor negroes?

Bullsh#t. If you say something racist that clearly crosses the line than your priviledges of attending that teams games should be revoked. Taken away. Freedom of speech my a$$.

This isnt an argument about freedom of speech.

I am not asking for this guy to be arrested or anything like that. I am asking for him to be banned from Texas Tech basketball games, because he boke the Texas Tech code of conduct that you agree to when buying season tickets.

Marcus smart is 100% in the wrong for putting his hands on someone, and he would be lucky to not be arrested for assault.

That all being said, both guys are in the wrong to differing degrees.

Just because we have the right to free speech doesnt give us the right to be bad human beings.