Marcus Smart Pushes Fan

Husker John

Wait, all he called him was "a piece of crap"? I heard worse at WWE Monday Night Raw last Monday from little kids. This was a thug move by Smart, plain and simple

I'm not sure. From the other video I posted he was yelling on the court, flipping the guy off and then doing some strange head-shaking-with-tongue-hanging-out thing. Maybe that was all he said but I'm not sure I'm convinced. Probably never know.

Addendum: You can tell from the ESPN video that someone said something to him while Smart was on the floor that gets him pretty angry to start. Then he gets up and you can see the fan in question and he says something else and that's when Smart pushes him. So there were at least two things said to him, possibly not both by the same guy.

Wait, all he called him was "a piece of crap"? I heard worse at WWE Monday Night Raw last Monday from little kids. This was a thug move by Smart, plain and simple

I'm not sure. From the other video I posted he was yelling on the court, flipping the guy off and then doing some strange head-shaking-with-tongue-hanging-out thing. Maybe that was all he said but I'm not sure I'm convinced. Probably never know.

You could clearly hear in the video ADS posted that is all that was said. And the fact that his statement made the same claim, Im pretty convinced.

You could clearly hear in the video ADS posted that is all that was said. And the fact that his statement made the same claim, Im pretty convinced.

I couldn't hear anything clearly in that video. It just sounded like mush to me.

I couldn't hear anything clearly in that video. It just sounded like mush to me.

Talk to Knapp about hearing aids :lol:

Talk to Knapp about hearing aids :lol:

Enjoy the village of the ban.... if you want to insult knappy, just type really small:

Knapp is old and likes prune juice

Bucky, you could hear him say "piece of crap" at 18 sec. mark. Then just hey, hey, hey

Yea I tried listening to it again and it's still kind of faint but if this were a multiple choice question and A was "piece of crap" and B was that other nasty racist thing, I'd probably pick A though I'm still not really sure, nor do I care. If I'm a TTU official I'm still banning that guy. Piece of crap is still trashy. He's a grown man and shouldn't be heckling kids especially when that heckling, racist or not, brings negative attention to the University.

I know that Lanlord. I've spent enough time on this board to know better. You dont have to explain yourself to me. And I see it as the same way. No, I'm not offended by it. But I have thick skin. Takes a lot to get to me. They're just words. But I'm just trying to make a point that racism can go both ways, and I think the sometimes the one direction gets a pass, and I just dont think that's right. But I cant stand it altogether, just like you. I didnt always see that way though. Up until abotu 5-6 years ago, I had some really racial tendancies. I'll be man enough to admit it. Guessing it was because of my rural type upbringing and such. Maybe it was a phase of my life when I had encountered some tough times and I went through a time where I was just pissed off at the world. i dont know. But it just came to a point where I was smart enough to just step back and realize how not wrong, but rather just plain stupid it all is. Being on this board so much and conversing with such a diverse collection of beliefs from politics to football to society has probably helped a lot too.

I think this is good stuff and I've gone through a similar path. CD likes to bring up that I've grown up in small white communities in Nebraska as some perceived sign of hypocrisy as if I'm unable to have thoughts about something I didn't directly experience in my geographical upbringing, but over the last few years through experiencing different cultures and gaining friends of different race and background I've been made aware of a lot of my own ignorance regarding different things, and all I'm really trying for is to help others out in the same way as much as I'm able :dunno

And I don't really know what does or doesn't make an opinion my own, referencing your last post, Creighton Duke. Is it not my own opinion if I share it with others? I tend to be critical of most of the major points of life and beliefs of people around me with similar environments, so I would say my opinion is at least my own just as much or as little as anyone else's.

I do believe it was Smart who said the fan was shouting racial slurs, which now seems to be false. Pathetic, just pathetic. It wasn't very nice of the fan to call Smart a piece of crap, but to attack the fan and then falsely bring out the race card is just unacceptable.

So this story comes full circle when it's revealed Marcus Smart is, in fact, a piece of crap.