Imani Cross...

Alabama won NINE games by 21+ points. Do you think Yeldon was in during the end of the game? Do you think the distribution was the same during the beginning of the game?

Yeldon had three games with 25+ carries. 2 close games and a 21 point win. In those games, he accounted for 68%, 60%, and 74% of the team's carries.

Ameer had three games with 25+ carries. 3 close games decided by 11 points total. In those games, he accounted for 63%, 61%, and 63% of the team's carries.

Alabama won NINE games by 21+ points. Do you think Yeldon was in during the end of the game? Do you think the distribution was the same during the beginning of the game?

Yeldon had three games with 25+ carries. 2 close games and a 21 point win. In those games, he accounted for 68%, 60%, and 74% of the team's carries.

Ameer had three games with 25+ carries. 3 close games decided by 11 points total. In those games, he accounted for 63%, 61%, and 63% of the team's carries.

This. Bama didn't need their "guy" to carry the load almost every week. We did.

Yes, if you are going to entirely discount the styles of play and forget the fact that we had two dual-threat QB also carry the ball, Ameer had more carries when compared only to the RB corp.

I'm upset we "ran his legs off." He looked so tired gutting out 4th and 16 against Georgia. Cross should have been in.

Next, you're going to tell me we should get our backup QB some reps like Saban does ...

Still trying to figure out how Nebraska runs the ball almost 10 more times per game than Alabama with our OC who supposedly abandons the run all the time.......

Im Guilty of accusing Beck of this. I dont think he abandones the run though. I think he gets spastic with his calling. 3downfield passes in a row against Wisconsin come to mind. No Im not over it, that game hurt. Hes gotten better, much better. Dare I say, multiple?

Plus 1 it all you want. If it were true, you wouldn't feel half as stupid.

Ameer Abdullah -281 carries.

Cross- 85 carries

Newby-54 carries

Frazier-12 carries.

432 attempts rushing by Nebraska backs this year. 281 by Ameer Abdullah. =. 65%

Alabama running backs combined for 398 carries. 398 carries with 6 different backs.

Yeldon-207. (74 less carries than Abdullah)

Drake-92

Henry-36

Fowler-19

Tenpenny-22

Hart-22

Yeldons 207 carries =52% of Alabamas carries. Almost exactly half the carries. Also 74 less carries himself than Abdullah.

In a discussion pointing towards Abduallahs legs being run off him, I'd say those numbers support that. In any case, the numbers do support Lo Country's comment at least somewhat. Much more than the bogus numbers posted above that we're quoted, gif'd, and ass kissed like some holy man posted them. Gimme a break.

The point wasnt how many carries. It was that Bama SPREADS the carries among their backs better, which, based on the stats, is simple not the case. Not even close.

This does not mean I dont agree that Ameer needs a little more of a rest in some regards, yet in others, he's the top back, and even he would say he wants the ball. But I think his workload does need to be lowered some. This last year could also be a result of not having our starting qb as well as a banged up receiving core.

It's just the notion that someone would throw out there Bama as doing something so much better to support their point without looking at the numbers. "Bama spreads the ball amongst their backs so much better", when in all actuality, they dont. Also, Nebraska runs more of an uptempo than Bama's offense, resulting in more attempts.

Still trying to figure out how Nebraska runs the ball almost 10 more times per game than Alabama with our OC who supposedly abandons the run all the time.......

The knock on Beck is not that he abandons the run. It's that he does things at times that make absolutely no sense. We run on 1st down and gain 2 yards, then try some play action pass on 2nd and long. That makes no sense. it's not a short yardage situation. Then we're set up 3rd and long. Then he'll go into his spasms and start slinging the ball all over the place for a couple possessions. Or at critical junctures in the game, he takes the ball out of our main man's hands when he's ready to put the team on his back.

Overall, yes, Beck is pretty decent. But he needs some serious finetuning. I think we spend too much time with complexity and being multiple that basic football is thrown out the window. it's a situational issue. We just frickin out-cute ourselves so many times.

Also Mav, and I'm no saying this per I know. And I dont have the ambition. I'm just speculating here. I would bet that if it was looked up, it might be seen that Nebraska, with our temp at times compared to Bama's more conventional style, that we may run an average of 5-15 more plays per game too. But I dont know.

Ameer Abdullah -281 carries.

Cross- 85 carries

Newby-54 carries

Frazier-12 carries.

Alabama running backs combined for 398 carries. 398 carries with 6 different backs.

Yeldon-207. (74 less carries than Abdullah)

Drake-92

Henry-36

Fowler-19

Tenpenny-22

Hart-22

Yeldons 207 carries =52% of Alabamas carries. Almost exactly half the carries. Also 74 less carries himself than Abdullah.

In a discussion pointing towards Abduallahs legs being run off him, I'd say those numbers support that. In any case, the numbers do support Lo Country's comment at least somewhat. Much more than the bogus numbers posted above that we're quoted, gif'd, and ass kissed like some holy man posted them. Gimme a break.

Shhhh. Some folks don't like facts/opinions contrary to their truths. I guess I should have added UGA, BYU, Arizona, Wisky, Auburn etc as teams who appear, at least in my opinion and the stats sheets to spread the ball around better.

IMO, we have some guys who are capable to spell the starter. The NFL is looking at guys without all the miles. NU in the hey days used to split time more evenly with the backs. Why not now?

Lastly, in regards to Bama and their easy schedule, we struggled with Wyoming (should have blown out) and played the juggernauts in Purdue, South Dakota, Southern Miss and Illinois...........

All I know is if Ameer's avg carries last year were in the 10-15 range instead of 20-25, it would be a melting pot of vile aimed at the coaches for not feeding him the ball more. Hell, I thought there were times we took the ball out of his hands. And this is always a tough issue, because we all know guys like Burkhead and Ameer blindly want the ball every damn play. Rex woulda carried it 50 times a game had we let him. So it's a tough deal.

All I know is if Ameer's avg carries last year were in the 10-15 range instead of 20-25, it would be a melting pot of vile aimed at the coaches for not feeding him the ball more. Hell, I thought there were times we took the ball out of his hands. And this is always a tough issue, because we all know guys like Burkhead and Ameer blindly want the ball every damn play. Rex woulda carried it 50 times a game had we let him. So it's a tough deal.

I agree. I would complain, and did, when we didn't feed AA the ball every play or try and eat the clock with our run game. I guess that could again be the crux of my complaints is our offense and lack of identity or ability to call a game to our strengths. Nor every play has to be a TD or home run hit. Sometimes it is ok, if not better, to eat the clock, dink and dunk down the field and eat the clock and wear a team down.

IMO, Beck continues to amaze me with his brilliance and incompetence at the same time. PA against UGA for the record, brilliant. Even if it had gone for broke, brilliant. Other times, I am completely shocked at the crap he dials up. I am hoping that he will finally figure out it is ok to stay with what is working, to have multiple backs in the backfield on numerous occasions, to have QB under center, use TE's etc........ But then again, i have no idea who makes these decisions on which RB plays (Brown, Bo) same with TE play. As I mentioned previously, lack of touches might also be indicative of their (RB) inability to pass pro.

Also Mav, and I'm no saying this per I know. And I dont have the ambition. I'm just speculating here. I would bet that if it was looked up, it might be seen that Nebraska, with our temp at times compared to Bama's more conventional style, that we may run an average of 5-15 more plays per game too. But I dont know.

I thought of that too. I had to look it up:

Alabama - 461 rushing attempts (35.5 per game), 365 passing attempts (28.1 per game), 826 total plays (63.5 per game)

Nebraska - 584 rushing attempts (44.9 per game), 378 passing attempts (29.1 per game), 962 total plays (74.0 per game)

So, to put it one way, we ran about 10 more plays per game - 9 runs and 1 pass.

:star :star :star Ameer Abdullah -281 carries.

:star :star :star Cross- 85 carries

:star :star :star :star Newby-54 carries

:star :star :star Frazier-12 carries.

:star :star :star :star :star Yeldon-207. (74 less carries than Abdullah)

:star :star :star :star Drake-92

:star :star :star :star Henry-36

:star :star :star :star Fowler-19

:star :star :star :star Tenpenny-22

:star :star :star :star :star Hart-22

Agree with the points about Alabama having more opportunities to bring in backups due to game conditions but I thought I'd bring in one more aspect. Both teams #2 back got about the same amount of work and we got a lot more carries to our #3 back. After that, we were down to a walk-on who has since transferred. Alabama still has two more four star guys and a five star guy to bring off the bench. There is a possibility that could have something to do with it as well.