Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

I dont quote this to be a jerk, but this has some great info: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/69252-post-season-tournament-possibilities/

I would say if they win out and win 2 in the B1G tourney they are a lock.

I think the 2 big final games are @Indiana and VS. Wisconsin.

I think they can lose 1 more and win two in the B1G tourney and be in the dance

Lose 2 and win 2 in the B1G tourney= on bubble but out.

Will not be easy at all but people are taking notice. Need to win @Illinois next.

This is just a snap shot in time and really means nothing as of right now. If you check those teams today, they have all lost games and have dropped their RPIs into the 60s & less. The thing you have to remember is that the author of the article is assuming that these teams will also take care of business, but that does not always happen.

Due to the strength of the conference, the Big 10 should get at least 6 teams in & Minnesota is not a shoe in the way they have beem playing. Also, there is a good chance that Petteway might get conference player of the year and that is another plus.

Just because I like looking at this stuff and I'm drinking as much cool aid as possible.

Nebraska has lost 10 games. the combined record of those ten losses is 182-71. They have a 72% winning percentage.

6 of those losses are currently in the top 25.

What I'm saying is that really, other than maybe UAB, Purdue and PSU, we have lost to some pretty dang good teams and beat almost everyone else we should beat.

On a side note, I'm surprised that Umass isn't ranked. They are 18th in RPI. If they were, then 7 out of 10 losses are ranked.

Well done. UAB was meant to be a tourney contender, so I don't think it looks that bad. Depending on how the season wraps up, I hope that if Nebraska finishes pretty strong, the selection committee would take into consideration not so much the overall record...but the last two months down the stretch, if it's a good finish.

Think about this for a second....

lost to Michigan 71-70

lost to Purdue 70-64

lost to PSU 58-54

All close games we could have won and if we had we would be 19-7 overall and 11-3, alone in first in conference and most likely rated in the top #15. Pour some kool aid for me too!

:koolaid2:

• Fire 1

One more down. Just dismantled two teams that we lost close games to on the road, I fear for the three teams we are about to play that couldn't even beat us the first time around. These guys might just head to the B10 tourney on a 9 game win streak. The selection committee likes hot teams, right?