Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

We r currently 6th in the big. .5 game behind Ohio st and Iowa who both have to play mich st still. 1 game behind Wisconsin. If we won out we would likely be a 3 seed in the big tourney with a first round bye. That would be insane and would surely have us dancing no matter what we do I. The BIG tourney

Think about this for a second....

lost to Michigan 71-70

lost to Purdue 70-64

lost to PSU 58-54

All close games we could have won and if we had we would be 19-7 overall and 11-3, alone in first in conference and most likely rated in the top #15. Pour some kool aid for me too!

:koolaid2:

I had to read this post a couple times and then look at the actual standings to fully comprehend this. Unbelievable that we actually are just a few points away from being in the top spot in the conference. Insane.

We just need to continue on the path we are on! Expect nothing but the best efforts by everyone & no favors from the NCAA Committee. If we continue playing the way they have in the past month or so, we will earn what we get.

Regardless, Miles has got this team to play with passion. Love it and we as fans need to make sure that our AD and decision makers pay Miles whatever it takes to keep him here at Nebraska going forward. We are on a upward trend with all the positives being built upon so lets hope we can keep it going and those in power recognize what is transpiring in front of their eyes. We have a long ways to go yet but you have to be pumped about the path.

It baffles my mind how Minnesota is in.

There non-conf didnt have any "big wins"-- They lost against Syracuse and Arkansas-- and then had a cake walk

They're 6-9 in B1G-- and are 2-6 in last 8 games and have lost to Purdue, Illinois and NW.

There 6 wins in the B1G: PSU,PUR, OSU, WIS, IND, NW-- OSU and Wisc are nice wins--

I am not saying Nebraska should be in, but I think Nebraska played a tougher non-conference-- and has been better in conference.

Minny probably still getting a lot of credit for their RPI - still two spots above us. But you would think losing six of their last eight would start to count for something.

The fact that they are 2-6 in their last 8 and we have a 5 game win streak and they are still ahead of us is sad. Not to mention the fact that we beat them. Too me this seems like the Minnesota name is still sexier then nebraska. Gotta keep building our image.

Minny probably still getting a lot of credit for their RPI - still two spots above us. But you would think losing six of their last eight would start to count for something.

The fact that they are 2-6 in their last 8 and we have a 5 game win streak and they are still ahead of us is sad. Not to mention the fact that we beat them. Too me this seems like the Minnesota name is still sexier then nebraska. Gotta keep building our image.

That would really only matter in the polls. The RPI covers the entire season and I don't think there is recency is figured in - or head-to-head for that matter. They are 17-11 and we are 16-10, both with very similar home and road records and playing similar competition. That would indicate that we're pretty even.

But the selection committee does take how a team finishes the season into account. If we continue to play well, we should get their attention.

I feel like if we somehow get a 4 or 5 seed in the B1G tourney and win 2 games, we could realistically get a 8 or 9 seed in the tournament. It's honestly how we need to start thinking. Not if we make it but how we can elevate our chances of getting out of the first weekend of the dance.

So I feel like we will win out. Win 2 conference tourney games and earn an 8 seed in the dance. Which in turn gives us a shot at the second weekend. I've watched a ton of CBB this year and I'm not seeing too many dominant teams.