Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

I say we just win the rest of these regular season games and try to get a bye

i do not know. i really think they need at least a win in the conference tourney, two would go a long way.

VKsydgw.png

i worry because we were hot and the committee looks at how your are playing late. you can erase some bad early losses if you finish strong. a late bad loss is quite the setback. but a wiscy win could even it out.

I meant a bye for the conference tourney. My bad

i know. i am just not so sure that is for the best. i think it might be better to have a chance at a win against a lesser team in the conf. tourney than having a bye. they need as many wins as they can get. a bye deprives them of that opportunity.

I disagree, the top 4 in the conference will be in the tournament. Final standings in a power conference will have a lot of weight.

i know. i am just not so sure that is for the best. i think it might be better to have a chance at a win against a lesser team in the conf. tourney than having a bye. they need as many wins as they can get. a bye deprives them of that opportunity.

I disagree, the top 4 in the conference will be in the tournament. Final standings in a power conference will have a lot of weight.

Agree if we finish in the top 4 of the big ten and get a bye it's really hard to deny that a bid to the dance

I think we go 1-2 (beating NW) finishing in the sixth spot, win the first game in the tourney and get another shot at Wiscy. Probably end the season at 18-14 and go to the NIT. If we beat Wiscy either time (or whoever our second tourney game is), we might be the last team in the NCAA at 19-14 but I think we just miss out. Minny is the sixth B1G team in the Dance at 20-13.

NCAA tourney is much better than getting a top seed in the NIT. Doesn't matter if we'd get blown out in the dance, it's always better for experience, recruiting, confidence. The goal is always the big dance. I'd rather make it and lose first round than make a run in the NIT. Can anyone name who won the NIT last year without looking it up? I can't name anyone who's ever won the NIT. Case and point.

NCAA tourney is much better than getting a top seed in the NIT. Doesn't matter if we'd get blown out in the dance, it's always better for experience, recruiting, confidence. The goal is always the big dance. I'd rather make it and lose first round than make a run in the NIT. Can anyone name who won the NIT last year without looking it up? I can't name anyone who's ever won the NIT. Case and point.

Nebraska did.

• Fire 1

Penn State won it a few years back. No joke.

Basically, the NIT is going to give us a chance to play a lot more games than the actual tournament will, which is going to be a big plus for next year.

This.

I'm think getting our guys more post-season experience and possibly some more games at PBA for the fans to keep going would be better this time around.

I can't believe that you

Penn State won it a few years back. No joke.

Basically, the NIT is going to give us a chance to play a lot more games than the actual tournament will, which is going to be a big plus for next year.

This.

I'm think getting our guys more post-season experience and possibly some more games at PBA for the fans to keep going would be better this time around.

Wow, I'm surprised that you would rather go to the NIT. Your logic makes sense, but we actually have a chance at making the NCAA for the first time in 16 years. Yes, the extra games in the NIT would be helpful, but I think we get so much more from the experience of the NCAA tourney even if it is just 1 and done. If we do get in, there is a high probability that we play in the first round (I will no longer call it the play-in game if we play in it) which will be a team we are evenly matched with. Just getting in would get the monkey off our backs and we have a chance to win our first game as well. This is a huge barrier to break through and I think this would be the biggest help in recruiting to show that we can make it to the dance.

I'll be damned, I just looked up some info on the NIT, and in the last 10 years, 3 of the champs and 3 of the runners-up have been from the Big Ten.

Also, a #1 seed in the NIT would have three home games before moving on, and they determine the seeding in part by likely crowd attendance. If NU did not make the big dance, I think we could spin quite a few positives out of being in the NIT.

It would still be preferable to make the big tourney, but we shouldn't scoff at the opportunuties available from a strong NIT experience.

• Fire 1