Stuck in the middle

You know how it's easier to fix stuff when it's apparent it's broken or it's working but if it happens sporadically it's hard to figure out what to do to improve? that's where we are now, stuck in neutral. He's had different qb's, rbs, wide outs, lineman, etc team and it's always amounted to the exact same record.

Well, if a window in my house starts leaking, I don't bulldoze the whole damn thing and build a new one. I put a new window in it.

I would say Bo is doing enough not to get fired but not enough to keep his job.

I realize that you're trying to make a statement of substance, but unfortunately, there is no middle road here. There is (should be) no limbo, he's the coach next year and the (maybe) foreseeable future.

I think we are bound to repeat history if we make no changes. Hopefully Polo, 74 and a lot of us are totally wrong. This will be the year that everything clicks. It can happen, but some are as tired of some telling us everything is great as those saying and hearing the opposite.

Maybe I misrepresented my view. I heard the author of this piece on USC today, and he didn't see as gloom and doom as some may think. Personally, unless the team makes great strides, I don't see them being much better in 2014. I think that 2015 is the year when they can make some real noise.

You know how it's easier to fix stuff when it's apparent it's broken or it's working but if it happens sporadically it's hard to figure out what to do to improve? that's where we are now, stuck in neutral. He's had different qb's, rbs, wide outs, lineman, etc team and it's always amounted to the exact same record.

Well, if a window in my house starts leaking, I don't bulldoze the whole damn thing and build a new one. I put a new window in it.

Yeah you would put a new window in it. You just wouldn't leave where the window leaks all the time and act like you don't know how to fix it.

Or I'm intelligent enough to see the obvious problems that need to be fixed so my rooting in the team can be further enhanced by them actually winning something of substance, like a conference title or, -gasp-, more. Something that has eluded this program since the Clinton administration. Blindly wishing gets absolutely zero done.

f'ing fair-weather fan. ;)

Or I'm intelligent enough to see the obvious problems that need to be fixed so my rooting in the team can be further enhanced by them actually winning something of substance, like a conference title or, -gasp-, more. Something that has eluded this program since the Clinton administration. Blindly wishing gets absolutely zero done.

i really think we are only good with a balanced budget.

I would consider this over my boy-band popularity theory.

we haven't been n'sync in awhile.

98 degrees or 9 wins.

backstreet and blackshirts.

This is an honest, fair assessment on what's going on with Nebraska Football right now.

So of course Huskerboard will choose to either mock, ignore or dismiss it.

All the articles in the world can be written about how stale or lackluster Nebraska is right now. They will all mean squat when we come out strong and prove them all wrong this year.

Is this post from 2006? Or 2010?

No wait, this definitely has some of that wacky 2007 slang to it!

You'll excuse me if I actually want to see this happen before I blindly believe it again.

You will never ever cheer faithfully for Nebraska again. You won't blindly give the benefit of doubt, but you blindly dismiss the team you claim to be a fan of.

I like Nebraska. Sometimes they freakin low my mind as to why/how they lose. But I still like them. You seem to revel in wjht ails them most instead of deciding to cheer for what are clearly positive signs f li on this team.

You bitch and moan with the best of them and Pelini is still our coach, and you come across as conceding that NU will still lose just as many if not more games next year. Apparently being a sourpuss doesn't work either. I'm intelligent enough to see that....

• Fire 1

we haven't been n'sync in awhile.

98 degrees or 9 wins.

backstreet and blackshirts.

I for one am sick of lesser bowl games near O-Town

• Fire 1

Yeah you would put a new window in it. You just wouldn't leave where the window leaks all the time and act like you don't know how to fix it.

But maybe we should give that window one more year. Maybe it will leak a little bit less this year if we don't make any changes at all. #windowliever

• Fire 1

Touche.' I don't think that anyone has said that there aren't things that need to be addressed, or that Bo hasn't exactly had his share of failures at fixing the problems.

But maybe we should give that window one more year. Maybe it will leak a little bit less this year if we don't make any changes at all. #windowliever

Weirder things have happened. Materials do expand, contract, and seat themselves sometimes.

Not allowing ones self to be optimistic is like never allowing yourself to love again because your highschool girlfriend broke your heart.

Or perhaps the so-called "optimistic" ones are really so insecure and actually pessimistic about their chances of finding a better girl that they stubbornly stick with the girlfriend who continues to disappoint them.

Our girlfriend right now is a pretty good gal most of the time: she's charming, speaks her mind, and we'd do anything for her. But she also has an embarassing temper in front of our friends, and she won't go "all the way." I won't even mention the big nose, that would be superficial.

Do you keep your girl, or keep waiting for her to stop being a tease and finally put out?

(Okay I'll quit trying to counter these metaphors.)

Touche.' I don't think that anyone has said that there aren't things that need to be addressed, or that Bo hasn't exactly had his share of failures at fixing the problems.

Weirder things have happened. Materials do expand, contract, and seat themselves sometimes.

Holy crap. I mean, Holy Freaking Crap.

• Fire 1