Wisconsin

As if the Sunday match-up with Wisconsin wasn't already being hyped into uncharted basketball territory, it's also noteworthy to suggest that our fledgling rivalry within the B1G conference is setting up nicely with the Badgers as THEE main division rival (Sorry Hawks and HyVee).

Given the a$$ kicking administered a year ago in the title game, the reports of eh............unsportsmanlike behavior at Camp Randall, the body slam to T-Mart, etc., I think this Sunday game just inflames the burgeoning rivalry and sets us up for a natural adversary.

For those who have been longing for a natural (vs. contrived) opponent, I submit we've found one.

• Fire 1

The badgers match up all too well. Their bigs are athletic and very comfortable playing out away from the basket. They have three very good guards that are strong and smart. The biggest thing may be both Shields and Petteway should have a bit of a height advantage over whomever guards them. Wisky doesn't foul a lot either, believe they may just lead the nation is the least fouls per game. This could be huge as NU rolls great when they are living at the line.

The badgers match up all too well. Their bigs are athletic and very comfortable playing out away from the basket. They have three very good guards that are strong and smart. The biggest thing may be both Shields and Petteway should have a bit of a height advantage over whomever guards them. Wisky doesn't foul a lot either, believe they may just lead the nation is the least fouls per game. This could be huge as NU rolls great when they are living at the line.

I was thinking about the fouls down low too. Can't let that get us in trouble. Might depend on what kind of game the refs decide to call.

I was thinking about the fouls down low too. Can't let that get us in trouble. Might depend on what kind of game the refs decide to call.

Fouls in general can be concerning with NU. As we saw again against Indy, guys pick really bad fouls at bad times.

Another thing when talking fouls, IF NU can get to the rim and get Kaminsky and Decker in foul trouble all Wisky has for front court depth is Hayes

As if the Sunday match-up with Wisconsin wasn't already being hyped into uncharted basketball territory, it's also noteworthy to suggest that our fledgling rivalry within the B1G conference is setting up nicely with the Badgers as THEE main division rival (Sorry Hawks and HyVee).

Given the a$$ kicking administered a year ago in the title game, the reports of eh............unsportsmanlike behavior at Camp Randall, the body slam to T-Mart, etc., I think this Sunday game just inflames the burgeoning rivalry and sets us up for a natural adversary.

For those who have been longing for a natural (vs. contrived) opponent, I submit we've found one.

This should be a good game if only because each team still has something to play for though Nebraska probably has more. I'm not sure that winning will help our seeding in the big tournament (we may have already hit our ceiling) but losing could potentially hurt.

Nebraska wants to win for some obvious reasons: the bubble, conference seeding and just momentum to cap off a good season.

The series is tied at 5-5 I believe, at least it's 5-5 since 1979. I'm not sure I buy into the idea that the immature Wisconsin/Nebraska football rivalry will carry over to BBall as that "rivalry" itself still isn't established. I certainly don't view Nebraska as a basketball rival and while I want the Badgers to win, a loss wouldn't bother me as much as losing to Marquette, Minnesota, Ohio State etc...

Wisconsin is playing very well lately, Nebraska is doing the same and is very good at home. It should be interesting. I think the Badgers win close.

• Fire 1

Like Bucky pointed out, Wisconsin has quite a few "rivalries" in basketball. Minnesota, Marquette (that one is like Nebraska's rivalry with Creighton, I think). We also have interesting rivalries with Michigan State and Ohio State. I will say that right now there's not a B1G team I hate more than Iowa. I can't stand Fran and his roster of punks.

I like your coach a lot and I've actually been cheering for Nebraska to get a tournament bid. But I hope you do it without a win over us, because I badly want a one seed for UW.

Like Bucky pointed out, Wisconsin has quite a few "rivalries" in basketball. Minnesota, Marquette (that one is like Nebraska's rivalry with Creighton, I think). We also have interesting rivalries with Michigan State and Ohio State. I will say that right now there's not a B1G team I hate more than Iowa. I can't stand Fran and his roster of punks.

I like your coach a lot and I've actually been cheering for Nebraska to get a tournament bid. But I hope you do it without a win over us, because I badly want a one seed for UW.

I want a one seed too but I'm not sure we can get it. We would have to beat Nebraska, do well in the Big Ten tourney and have some other teams lose. We're just on the outside of that window trying to claw in. Those five mid-season losses are hurting us but we had a terrific start and we're hot right now, beating Florida is a huge credit too so I hope they continue to do well.

I understand you not liking Iowa and some of the things that have happened lately, however, don't let the actions of a couple people (Fran going crazy all the time, and McCabe last night) shape your opinion of the whole team. One of my best friends, Mike Gesell, is the point guard on that team and the kid has more character and class then anyone I have ever met