#PBAMagic

Look out for Nebraska, a Budding B1G Power and Dangerous NCAA Tournament Sleeper

By Jason King , College Basketball National Lead Writer Mar 11, 2014

“People always talk about how great Nebraska fans are,” said Miles, who had shed his black suit jacket and loosened his red tie. “But until you actually experience it, you have no idea.”

The excitement in Lincoln is certainly understandable.

Picked to place last in the Big Ten, Nebraska won 11 of its last 14 games and finished fourth in the conference standings. With a 19-11 record and victories over Ohio State, Wisconsin and Michigan State (on the road), it will be a shock if the Cornhuskers don’t hear their name called on Selection Sunday.

At one particularly deafening moment during the game, Wisconsin guard Josh Gasser ran past Miles near the bench and said, ‘Can you believe this?’ And then after the game, Miles saw a Badgers player on the court after he conducted his postgame radio interview. He’s pretty sure it was Ben Brust.

“He said, ‘This was my all-time favorite game, and we lost,’” Miles said.

Linky poo

I was impressed that even people with court side seats didnt sit.. people truthfully understood what this moment meant...

Everyone i have heard who was at the game said it was one of the best games environment wise they have ever been to.

It was so loud that it was actually causing my ears pain. Someone tweeted they hadn't seen a Nebraska fanbase like that since 2001 Oklahoma. And well freaking done by our fanbase tonight. EVERYONE stood up the entire game.

Here's a pano I took beforehand. It's about 10mb so it might not load very quickly.

23805_photo.JPG

There's never been a crowd like that for a football game. EVER. It was beyond ridiculous. You said you were having pain. I texted EZ in the 2nd half. Said the crowd noise was wearin on my and I was part of it. LOL. That I must be spendin too much time accross the way on blue hair blvd. LOL.

I'm not sure you can compare a basketball crowd like that to a football crowd. I have been to some games at Memorial where the football crowd was rocking and LOUD. But, in basketball, when you have that many people in an indoor arena, there is no comparison in football.

I was impressed that even people with court side seats didnt sit.. people truthfully understood what this moment meant...

Everyone i have heard who was at the game said it was one of the best games environment wise they have ever been to.

It was so loud that it was actually causing my ears pain. Someone tweeted they hadn't seen a Nebraska fanbase like that since 2001 Oklahoma. And well freaking done by our fanbase tonight. EVERYONE stood up the entire game.

Here's a pano I took beforehand. It's about 10mb so it might not load very quickly.

23805_photo.JPG

There's never been a crowd like that for a football game. EVER. It was beyond ridiculous. You said you were having pain. I texted EZ in the 2nd half. Said the crowd noise was wearin on my and I was part of it. LOL. That I must be spendin too much time accross the way on blue hair blvd. LOL.

I'm not sure you can compare a basketball crowd like that to a football crowd. I have been to some games at Memorial where the football crowd was rocking and LOUD. But, in basketball, when you have that many people in an indoor arena, there is no comparison in football.

wisky's radio crew called it the loudest environment they've ever played in(football or basketball same 2 guys for both sports). hell listening to their call of the game they mentioned how they had no clue what was going on directly to the right of them in the corner, they couldn't see at all due to people standing.

• Fire 1

23805_photo.JPG

I've been to the big OU and CU games dating as far back as '90. Sorry, but I've never seen a football crowd in memorial stadium that was as completely and unanimously ruthless and relentless as is was Sunday. Even when things were a little down, there was a spark and an excitement. again. Lots of games at memorial, and lots of games in the Bob, but never seen anything like that.

I can't wipe this silly ass grin off my face either- to think of the excitement of finishing 4th (lol). Hope that ringing sensation leaves my ears (measured at 95 dcbls). Sat through quite a few droughts since 1984- but I can not recall a season like this one.

Only 95 decibels? I thought much louder.

Washington Husky Stadium - wiki source........At times, the high decibel levels typical of Husky games (especially from fans stomping their feet in the bleachers) causes television cameras to shake. During the 1992 night game against the Nebraska Cornhuskers, ESPN measured the noise level at over 130 decibels, well above the threshold of pain. The level reached (133.6 decibels, according to ESPN) is the highest noise level ever recorded for a college football stadium.