Nebraska boys HS state basketball

I have ALL your state tourney info. I am from Omaha, so its Class A or bust for me.

It's a toss up between Central, Benson and South in my opinion.

Central: It's Central. They have Tre'Shawn Thurman, who I believe is the state's top player. 6'6 guard forward who can do it all and jump out of the gym. Never bet against Coach Behrens in March.

South: James Dumes is a 6'4 uber athletic wing, he was the guy who had the Sportscenter Top 10 No. 1 dunk last year. They also have Kevin Harkins, a 6'7 bruiser in the post. They will be no.1 next year, LOTS of young talent.

Benson: Khyri Thomas, 6'5 do-it-all FAST guard, multiple D1 offers. Thik Bol, 6'9 shot blocker guarding the post, Tyree Peters, 6'6 wing. Good guard play as usual. Probably had the best regular season.

Other players to watch: Tyler Hagedorn at Norfolk, big 6'8 white dude. Malik Hluchoweckyj and CJ Johnson at Bell West, athletic guard combo. There are others but I haven't seen them.

The best first round games I THINK are Omaha South vs Norfolk and Central vs Bell West. Benson has a cakewalk with Lincoln Northeast and Westside vs LSE just does not have as much firepower.

Class A is always good to watch. The biggest difference with them is the type of defense that is played. No other class plays that level of defense.

I will respectfully beg to differ on this. I only know of maybe a couple class A schools that actually play defense. However, I will say that it more depends on the school rather than the class in which they play to determine who plays D. I'm a little biased here, but I have yet to see a team in the state that plays as good of man to man defense as Falls City High. They're a little undersized, but they have the athleticism to play against bigger bodies. They held Lincoln Christian as a team to 36 and Logan Power, who had been averaging 23 ppg, to 11.

Knock on Class A if you want, but come on. I am sure you also think that no one in the NBA plays D either, right?

FWIW, Central is a phenomenal defensive team, as is Omaha South, and traditionally Prep has played great D as well.

Class A is always good to watch. The biggest difference with them is the type of defense that is played. No other class plays that level of defense.

I will respectfully beg to differ on this. I only know of maybe a couple class A schools that actually play defense. However, I will say that it more depends on the school rather than the class in which they play to determine who plays D. I'm a little biased here, but I have yet to see a team in the state that plays as good of man to man defense as Falls City High. They're a little undersized, but they have the athleticism to play against bigger bodies. They held Lincoln Christian as a team to 36 and Logan Power, who had been averaging 23 ppg, to 11.

Knock on Class A if you want, but come on. I am sure you also think that no one in the NBA plays D either, right?

FWIW, Central is a phenomenal defensive team, as is Omaha South, and traditionally Prep has played great D as well.

That's why those teams are the best year in year out, they actually do play D. I'm not knocking on A ball don't get me wrong, it's obviously the most exciting and highest level of ball, but it isn't because of the defense that's played. Because more games than not are track meets and not defense oriented.

I have ALL your state tourney info. I am from Omaha, so its Class A or bust for me.

So, you don't really have ALL my state tourney info???

Thanks for the Class A info.

Ahh yes I suppose you are correct. Class A only, and I have seen Elkhorn South play once. Very well-coached team, great ball movement, plenty of shooters. Should finish the year undefeated.