Warren Mic'd Up

First, before it seems like I am hijacking the thread I am extremely happy with the hire of Warren, seems like only good things to come with him. Definitely seems like a guy that gets the players amped up, as well as establishing great connections from a recruiting standpoint. With that being said, did anyone else notice some of the defensive players having what looks like helmet stickers? I know starting at the :50 second mark, when they show Warren locked up with the player it looks like either skulls, or crossbones. I'm not entirely sure if this is the case, I tried to look through the rest of the clip and it looks like there might be a couple more instances of players with stickers on their helmets. Sorry to get off the main topic just wanted to see if it was just my eyes playing tricks on me.

Great video and glad Warren is here! His coaching style leaves me hope that we won't see much, if any drop off with Evans and Baptiste gone.

As far as Bo hiring "friends", just because you worked with the guys before, and trust them, that doesn't make them a friend. This same thing goes on in the most elite programs. Look at the Kiffin hire at Alabama. People act like this sort of thing only happens here.

SO he did not know one coach on the staff? I guess that whole "Bo only hires friends that are yes men" opinion is done now.

It's a start. Doesn't mean he didn't do it before...

Who was the last hire that was one of Bo's buddies?

Shawn Watson................. :)

First, before it seems like I am hijacking the thread I am extremely happy with the hire of Warren, seems like only good things to come with him. Definitely seems like a guy that gets the players amped up, as well as establishing great connections from a recruiting standpoint. With that being said, did anyone else notice some of the defensive players having what looks like helmet stickers? I know starting at the :50 second mark, when they show Warren locked up with the player it looks like either skulls, or crossbones. I'm not entirely sure if this is the case, I tried to look through the rest of the clip and it looks like there might be a couple more instances of players with stickers on their helmets. Sorry to get off the main topic just wanted to see if it was just my eyes playing tricks on me.

Just seen that, maybe that's just a practice thing? knapp where the hell are you when we need your input and knowledge? :lol:

SO he did not know one coach on the staff? I guess that whole "Bo only hires friends that are yes men" opinion is done now.

It's a start. Doesn't mean he didn't do it before...

Who was the last hire that was one of Bo's buddies?

Barney? I don't know, I never claimed to know...

Jesus, if you don't know then don't make dumb comments.

Some of you guys sure are sensitive. I said what I said because of the fact that its seems as if thats what a portion of the board thinks. Chill out.

Saweeet vid. Would be nice if they did more of these.

Hell yes. f#*k all this nonsense talk about Bo hiring his buddies or not. How does someone watch that video and that's the first comment out of thier mouth? That was a neat vid. A bit of insight into the guys mind, where he comes from and what he focuses on. I wish we had a lot more stuff like this.

Saweeet vid. Would be nice if they did more of these.

Hell yes. f#*k all this nonsense talk about Bo hiring his buddies or not. How does someone watch that video and that's the first comment out of thier mouth? That was a neat vid. A bit of insight into the guys mind, where he comes from and what he focuses on. I wish we had a lot more stuff like this.

Agreed, this was an awesome video. I would love to see Pelini himself mic'd up for a similar video. I bet that would show even the negative nellies like myself how a real coach operates right in the thick of things and would lend a new appreciation.

On a side note, it was really cool a couple times during that video to see Corey Cooper on the field holding his notes, directing traffic, and helping teach some of the younger dudes. I hope it's not just off-season kool-aid, but it seems to be that there is more leadership of all kinds emerging during this off-season than in the past.