Bo Pelini helps reunite soldier and wife

These are big reasons why I want Bo to succeed here. Not the nine win seasons or promises of grand things to come. I see so much potential from him on AND off the field. If it took some time(6yrs) to get things olling Im ok with that because hes churning out pretty good seasons coupled with awesome things like this, or Jack Hoffman, or other charities (including one a relative of mine is a part of). Will 9 or 10 wins cut it forever? No, but if thats what we have to "endure" to get back to being special again on a national level so be it. Keep up the good work coach.

I am completely pro-Bo, but something about this felt forced and awkward to me. Maybe even a little exploitative. I wanted to feel good about this, but I just couldn't get into it. I am glad that it didn't come off this way to anyone else. I must be a messed up person inside.

Uhm.....glad you said this first. I felt the same way. Didn't want to be a turd in the punch bowl.

I am completely pro-Bo, but something about this felt forced and awkward to me. Maybe even a little exploitative. I wanted to feel good about this, but I just couldn't get into it. I am glad that it didn't come off this way to anyone else. I must be a messed up person inside.

Uhm.....glad you said this first. I felt the same way. Didn't want to be a turd in the punch bowl.

I think was seemed forced was Bo and NU was in on the gig. Trying hard to surprise a wife who may or may not have wanted a tour of the facilities. Good on Bo and NU to agree to do this. No more forced than when sports stars have met kids, fans etc.....Good stuff.

I would say it has more to do with Bo being a bad actor than it does with it being "forced". PR stunt or not, I'm sure Bo would opt out if he really didn't want to do it.

I'm sure Bo was approached about it, said "sure, let's do it" sincerely and for all the right reasons. Bo performed just fine.

But Bo didn't help reunite the soldier and wife. Soldier knew where his wife lived. But he hooked up with Bo first instead, in a stunt arranged by the athletic department. I don't get the feeling anyone knew each other beforehand.

Wife, who suspected the whole thing, appears genuinely uncomfortable about being put in the sitution, with cameras and PR people hovering. She totally flatlines.

I've seen videos of soldiers being reunited with their families. They usually make me burst into tears.

This one didn't.

I dont know Guy. I just rewatched it. I tried to have a biased view towards it to try to see your point and I guess I just dont. Your entitled to your opinion and I'm not gonna argue it. I just dont share it.

The only thing I really wonder is, was Bo drinkin? He looks to be stumblin a little. haha.

I choked up a little...haha. Hey, every homecoming surprise thing is different, and while some people are totally fine with a public one others handle it better in private. There's not much to nitpick or critique about a genuinely special moment for those folks.