Petteway to Get NBA Evaluation

10 BEST PLAYERS RETURNING TO COLLEGE NEXT SEASON

10.Terran Petteway

Guard, Nebraska

Terran Petteway carried the Nebraska Cornhuskers down the stretch of the regular season and earned them a NCAA tournament bid. Petteway is a versatile guard that can attack the rim as well as shoot the ball consistently from deep.

Petteway was a transfer from Texas Tech, where he averaged just 13 minutes a game his freshman season. After sitting out the 2012-13 season, he dominated last year for the Cornhuskers, averaging 18.1 points per game and shot 42.6 percent from the field. Another year at college for Petteway to become a better all-around guard will help improve his draft stock next year. His 6-6, 209-pound frame gives him very good size for a shooting guard in the NBA.

Petteway will have to learn how to be a better defender and also improve his ballhandling. Coming back to school is the best decision for Petteway to avoid the D-League and improve his game for the NBA.

[Eds. note: We had Mitch McGary here before reports surfacedindicating his predicament, so... yeah, dude lost himself a lot of money over the last year.]

• 3 weeks later...

I remember reading a lot of preseason predictions for 2013 and of course nebraska was on the bottom of almost all of them. There was one site however that specifically mentioned Terran and talked about how horrible he is and was at Texas tech ect ect. I'm glad he made him look like a fool.

basketball.realgm.com/article/227529/Big-Ten-Basketball-Early-Projection

Ha Ha That's pretty darn funny. So glad he proved his doubters wrong. He also has some doubters going in to this season as well, Hope he can keep this going with all the other players that may be able to provide a little help lol.

• 7 months later...

Which aspects of Terrans game would you guys give a + grade to? I just don't see him being good enough to be a quality nba player. Now I don't think he's a finished product and I think 2 more years is needed.

again I ask

I felt he would need to stay through his Sr year to see What his worth really is. He needs more time. Not to mention he will have a better PG and a PF next season as well as another scoring threat which will allow him to go wild