What's the most controversial loss you've seen for Husker football?

That 2010 Texas AnM game with the Cotton nut grab and the BS late hit on Courtney Osborne comes to mind right away. That game just really seems strange to me. I ont remember it all that well I just remember feeling like there was an outside influence that was not going to allow us to win that game. Bo was not at his finest again if I recall correctly.

I would have said the 2009 Texas :01 second call, but I think Nebraska screwed themselves more than anyone. Your defense puts together a performance like that against a much hyped Colt McCoy, and our offense did absolutely sh#t. Pathetic.

• Fire 4

2009 Texas is the #1 game that comes to mind.

-The questionable second put back on at the end. Not just because it was iffy on the video but because it was a questionable video all together. How easily they slapped a makeshift game clock on the replay make me think things weren't as they appeared.

-Colt Mccoy NEVER scored a Touchdown in that game. Watching live I remember distinctly seeing him not only down but on his belly reaching the ball across the plane while already on his belly. The refs signaled Touchdown and nothing was ever said or questioned. I cannot find a video online anywhere of this play because I would really like to be proven wrong about being screwed in this instance.

2010 Texas A&M is easily #2

-The god awful officiating overall. The outrageous number of yards we were up against was staggering.

-The Nut pinch the officials watching live did nothing about except flag our player for defending himself.

-The late hit call. Even Kirk Herbstreit said it was questionable.

-The questionable second put back on at the end. Not just because it was iffy on the video but because it was a questionable video all together. How easily they slapped a makeshift game clock on the replay make me think things weren't as they appeared.

Was it even within the rules to review the clock at that time? I thought they changed the rule because of that game, far after the fact.

I fully anticipate a "aww geez get over it" retort, but that's not what this post is about. I am over it. I'm just curious if what the refs did right there was actually within the rules.

Can anyone expand on this?

2009 Texas is the #1 game that comes to mind.

-Colt Mccoy NEVER scored a Touchdown in that game. Watching live I remember distinctly seeing him not only down but on his belly reaching the ball across the plane while already on his belly. The refs signaled Touchdown and nothing was ever said or questioned. I cannot find a video online anywhere of this play because I would really like to be proven wrong about being screwed in this instance.

2010 Texas A&M is easily #2

-The god awful officiating overall. The outrageous number of yards we were up against was staggering.

-The Nut pinch the officials watching live did nothing about except flag our player for defending himself.

-The late hit call. Even Kirk Herbstreit said it was questionable.

I couldn't have said it better. The Texas loss was painfully inserted in to my backside, and the TAM game is a close second.

Was it even within the rules to review the clock at that time? I thought they changed the rule because of that game, far after the fact.

I fully anticipate a "aww geez get over it" retort, but that's not what this post is about. I am over it. I'm just curious if what the refs did right there was actually within the rules.

Now that you mention it I feel like I remember a rule adjustment later on but Im fuzzy on it.

The A&M game because of the absurdity it became culminating in that absolutely horrendous roughing the passer call on Osbourne. Tannehill released the ball and then was hit prerry much right after, I remember Herbstreit laughing at the call.

But the end of the Texas game was the worst. We absolutely should not have put ourselves in that position, but to have the win torn away from us like that? Absolute travesty. It was the way they used the flimsiest of excuses, egregious time did not run off the clock, when I'm pretty sure that's the only time that year that that specific rule applied. I remember the ND/UM game and the FSU/Miami game ending with very similar plays with time not being put back on the clock.

The rule was refs could put time back on the clock if there was an egregious run off, and that game was the only time in 3 high profile games that the rule was used (both UM/ND and Miami/FSU had time run off after the last play that ended those games, no time was put back on).

That 2010 Texas AnM game with the Cotton nut grab and the BS late hit on Courtney Osborne comes to mind right away. That game just really seems strange to me. I ont remember it all that well I just remember feeling like there was an outside influence that was not going to allow us to win that game. Bo was not at his finest again if I recall correctly.

I would have said the 2009 Texas :01 second call, but I think Nebraska screwed themselves more than anyone. Your defense puts together a performance like that against a much hyped Colt McCoy, and our offense did absolutely sh#t. Pathetic.

This. +1

^^This. That was the crookedest game I've ever seen. Terrible officiating. Just terrible.