Post-Spring Way-Too-Early Top 25

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10884991/college-football-post-spring-way-too-early-preseason-top-25

24. Nebraska CornhuskersCoach Bo Pelini's love-hate affair with the Big Red Nation seems to be warm and fuzzy again, especially after the Cornhuskers knocked off Georgia 24-19 in the Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl. Pelini showed more of his soft side during the spring, entering Nebraska's spring game with, of all things, a furry cat. But Nebraska's fickle fan base won't be laughing if the Cornhuskers lose four games or more for the seventh straight season under Pelini. Tommy Armstrong Jr. won the starting quarterback job, and he will get plenty of help from a deep running back core, which includes Ameer Abdullah and bruising runner Imani Cross. The offensive line figures to be better with left guard Jake Cotton and left tackle Alex Lewis (Colorado transfer) bringing a degree of toughness that has been missing. Nebraska's front seven on defense should be stout, led by end Randy Gregory and tackle Vincent Valentine.

There's quiet a few teams that I think are just where they are on name recognition. Auburn must feel like they never get any respect, always second fiddle in their own state.

You know what I like. There's three teams from Texas on that list, and guess who's not one of them! :lol:

Why is OU so high?

Georgia and A&M are ranked so high because they have two of the best QB's in not only the conference but the whole nation.........wait.....whats that you say? Manziel and Murray are no longer on their respective teams? Then why in the sam hell are they ranked so highly!!!???!! A&M has no defense and a new QB. As for Georgia, they lost to that fly over school in their bowl game with that pissy coach everybody hates.

• Fire 3

At least we are ranked.

Id almost rather not be.....

Odd, I'd rather never fall out of the top 12, you know like NU used to.

Honestly the only good thing out of that is ideally the coaching staff and players would take incredible exception to being called the fourth best team in a middling conference.

What happened to "Nebraska's back and we're to stay?"

• Fire 1

I said Id ALMOST rather not be. And the reason I say that is because of what you alluded to. Id rather our players be pissed about it and work that much harder going into the season.

And were still back Polo, but nice attempt at a cheap +1 by using something Bo said ironically. Im sure youve never used that one before.