Post-Spring Way-Too-Early Top 25

Do you actually plan on following Nebraska this year or are you just assuming the year is shot and planning "witty" retorts about how the staff isnt getting it done going into 2015?

seriously? sorry i find it hard to see the silver lining in not being a top 20 team. frankly, i do not care about rankings and really do not believe this team needs any more motivation. but i refuse to feed a delusion that every negative will actually somehow benefit this team. it is what it is. nebraska will either rise to the occasion or not. but if they do, i doubt it will be because they felt slighted by a preseason ranking.

The only problem I see with that is that this team has proven it has motivation/mental issues.

Do you actually plan on following Nebraska this year or are you just assuming the year is shot and planning "witty" retorts about how the staff isnt getting it done going into 2015?

seriously? sorry i find it hard to see the silver lining in not being a top 20 team. frankly, i do not care about rankings and really do not believe this team needs any more motivation. but i refuse to feed a delusion that every negative will actually somehow benefit this team. it is what it is. nebraska will either rise to the occasion or not. but if they do, i doubt it will be because they felt slighted by a preseason ranking.

The preseason rankings come fall Ill take a little more seriously. Its only spring. I suppose win or lose COULD be all the motivation a team would need. I guess thats why captains dont push their team mates & coaches dont give inspiring locker room speeches.

Again, whats a little extra motivation going to hurt? And youre kidding yourself if you dont think 18-20somethings dont get upset if they arent perceived in the best way possible.

Well their perception is directly correlated to how they've performed.

The only problem I see with that is that this team has proven it has motivation/mental issues.

i agree, but those problems existed regardless of where they were ranked.

but i guess being disrespected (even if it is arguable that they currently do not belong in the top 20) could add motivation. but the goal is always to win the B1G and we have seen that keep them focused enough to get to the ccg.

but i guess being disrespected (even if it is arguable that they currently do not belong in the top 20) could add motivation. but the goal is always to win the B1G and we have seen that keep them focused enough to get to the ccg.

?

?

when they won out in 2012.

?

when they won out in 2012.

Yeah nevermind. I thought it said "havent".

Long morning. leave me alone. :P

1. FSU, cuz you kinda have to.

2. Auburn, same thing.

3. Oregon

4. Michigan State

5. Oklahoma

6. Clemson

7. Alabama

8. Ohio State

9. Baylor

10. Stanford

11. UCLA

12. South Carolina

13. Wisconsin

14. Nebraska

15. Georgia

16. Central Florida, they have been good for a while

17. Louisville, team was more than Bridgewater

18. LSU

19. Southern Cal

20. Duke

21. Virginia Tech

22. Washington

23. Iowa

24. Missouri

25. Northern Illinois, a nod to last year

If I'm gonna be honest. Clemson is too high IMO. Gonna have a good defense, but we'll have to see what the new QB & WR can do first.

The WR I can see being worried about, but Boyd wasn't really that impressive to me. Admittedly I only watched Clemson in the big time games, but he seemed pretty average to me. Didn't really make the greatest decisions, and wasn't athletic enough to carry his team when they really needed it.

CBS released theirs:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State: Have we forgotten the Buckeyes are 24-2 in Urban Meyer's two seasons? Have we forgotten Ohio State is getting ready to run away and hide from the rest of the Big Ten? Call the Bucks The Team That America Forgot. Braxton Miller is a year older. Ohio State misses Wisconsin, Nebraska and Iowa out of the reconfigured West Division. Biggest issue: Will strength of schedule sting the Bucks? Not with the national championship field doubled to four. That gets them into the playoff. Meyer, Miller etc. take it from there.
3. Florida State
4. Oregon
5. Oklahoma
6. Auburn
7. Michigan State: That was a defining moment in January when Kyler Elsworth stopped Stanford's Ryan Hewitt on fourth-on-1 in the Rose Bowl. There's still room in the game for smashmouth. The Spartans have won more games the past four years (42) than Ohio State and Wisconsin. Watch for Nov. 8 when Ohio State visits East Lansing.
8. South Carolina
9. LSU
10. Stanford
11. Baylor
12. UCLA
13. Kansas State
14. Georgia: The past two years have been heartbreaking, whether it's been Alabama (2012) or Auburn (2013). Wouldn't it be ironic -- after Aaron Murray -- if Hutson Mason won the East. Todd Gurley gives the Dawgs a fighting, bashing, pounding chance.
15. Wisconsin: In Year Two, Gary Andersen is the new Bret Bielema, who was the old Barry Alvarez. The Badgers will continue to run it and try to squeeze out some quality quarterback play. We get a quick barometer in the opener against LSU in Houston.
16. USC
17. Arizona State
18. Nebraska: Bo Pelini has lightened up. Did you see him carry the cat out for the spring game? Perhaps the Huskers will relax along with him. Pelini has his leading rusher (Ameer Abdullah) and receiver (Kenny Bell) back. It would be nice to win more than nine.
19. Texas
20. Notre Dame
21. Cincinnati
22. Texas A&M
23. Iowa: Hawkeyes should be 6-1 -- at worst -- on Nov. 1. The problem is the schedule is backloaded with Northwestern, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Nebraska in the final month.
24. Duke
25. BYU

The WR I can see being worried about, but Boyd wasn't really that impressive to me. Admittedly I only watched Clemson in the big time games, but he seemed pretty average to me. Didn't really make the greatest decisions, and wasn't athletic enough to carry his team when they really needed it.

I see where you're coming from. Tajh wasn't his best in the big games. The thing he had was that he definitely put in the work to learn his WR timing. See here with Sammy. Nothing but a 3 step drop and haul it deep in the perfect place for Sammy to get it.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9776521

CBS released theirs:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State: Have we forgotten the Buckeyes are 24-2 in Urban Meyer's two seasons? Have we forgotten Ohio State is getting ready to run away and hide from the rest of the Big Ten? Call the Bucks The Team That America Forgot. Braxton Miller is a year older. Ohio State misses Wisconsin, Nebraska and Iowa out of the reconfigured West Division. Biggest issue: Will strength of schedule sting the Bucks? Not with the national championship field doubled to four. That gets them into the playoff. Meyer, Miller etc. take it from there.
3. Florida State
4. Oregon
5. Oklahoma
6. Auburn
7. Michigan State: That was a defining moment in January when Kyler Elsworth stopped Stanford's Ryan Hewitt on fourth-on-1 in the Rose Bowl. There's still room in the game for smashmouth. The Spartans have won more games the past four years (42) than Ohio State and Wisconsin. Watch for Nov. 8 when Ohio State visits East Lansing.
8. South Carolina
9. LSU
10. Stanford
11. Baylor
12. UCLA
13. Kansas State
14. Georgia: The past two years have been heartbreaking, whether it's been Alabama (2012) or Auburn (2013). Wouldn't it be ironic -- after Aaron Murray -- if Hutson Mason won the East. Todd Gurley gives the Dawgs a fighting, bashing, pounding chance.
15. Wisconsin: In Year Two, Gary Andersen is the new Bret Bielema, who was the old Barry Alvarez. The Badgers will continue to run it and try to squeeze out some quality quarterback play. We get a quick barometer in the opener against LSU in Houston.
16. USC
17. Arizona State
18. Nebraska: Bo Pelini has lightened up. Did you see him carry the cat out for the spring game? Perhaps the Huskers will relax along with him. Pelini has his leading rusher (Ameer Abdullah) and receiver (Kenny Bell) back. It would be nice to win more than nine.
19. Texas
20. Notre Dame
21. Cincinnati
22. Texas A&M
23. Iowa: Hawkeyes should be 6-1 -- at worst -- on Nov. 1. The problem is the schedule is backloaded with Northwestern, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Nebraska in the final month.
24. Duke
25. BYU

Lol...what a crock. Name the last team to beat Ohio State - then find them on the list. Then go to the link and find them in the next 5 out - not there either. C'mon man!

Plus, I like what Duke's doing, but they're not the #2 ACC team (I don't count ND just yet).

CBS released theirs:

1. Alabama
3. Florida State
4. Oregon
5. Oklahoma
6. Auburn
8. South Carolina
9. LSU
10. Stanford
11. Baylor
12. UCLA
13. Kansas State
16. USC
17. Arizona State
19. Texas
20. Notre Dame
21. Cincinnati
22. Texas A&M
24. Duke
25. BYU

Lol...what a crock. Name the last team to beat Ohio State - then find them on the list. Then go to the link and find them in the next 5 out - not there either. C'mon man!

Plus, I like what Duke's doing, but they're not the #2 ACC team (I don't count ND just yet).

Who you beat last year in the last game has little bearing on the next season. I can find quite a few examples of this in both polls (like Nebraska and Georgia). Teams can change drastically from year to year.