Gregory #1 Overall Selection in 2015 Mock Draft

Winston, however, is not the top choice in my first 2015 mock draft. That would be Nebraska defensive end Randy Gregory. A year from now, Gregory could turn himself into the best pass rushing prospect in the draft thanks to his length and athleticism. But the order is the greater reason why Winston isn't the top pick.

Gregory #1 is nice but #4 also caught my eye:

4. Cleveland Browns (via Buffalo Bills): Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford

Link

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 19h

It's funny. We kept asking Abdullah if he was coming back. You know who turned down the top 15 in the 2014 Draft? Gregory.

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 19h

But, hey, Gregory was smart to come back. Just like Suh was. Just like Mariota will be.

Not exactly the same. Coming back next year could boost Gregory's draft prospects like it did for Suh, but he will have to come back the following year as well for his degree.

Hope he turns in a Suh like 2014 campaign and really drives home the point Nebraska can develop top defensive players, help us land some game changers moving forward.

I never understood how Suh's success didn't immediately result in some high profile recruiting on the defensive line. With Gregory's success, I think we may finally get some kids attention.

Although, the guys we have on this defensive line right now aren't too shabby IMO. Pretty damn talented really. Maybe we just keep building on this.

Hope he turns in a Suh like 2014 campaign and really drives home the point Nebraska can develop top defensive players, help us land some game changers moving forward.

I never understood how Suh's success didn't immediately result in some high profile recruiting on the defensive line. With Gregory's success, I think we may finally get some kids attention.

Although, the guys we have on this defensive line right now aren't too shabby IMO. Pretty damn talented really. Maybe we just keep building on this.

We need to put studs in the draft year after year. Suh was awesome but we didn't follow him up with anyone. Hell, Purdue has a great player every once in awhile. But it's the schools that do it year in and year out that will get the top recruits. If Gregory has the year we all hope he does and the other young players on the d-line keep progressing and get drafted in rounds 1 or 2 we will start to get the reputation we need to pull some bigger fish in here. We are setting ourselves up to do the same thing at RB too I believe.

I wonder how Gregory is doing in the weightroom this offseason? Dude got skinny during the season last fall. He needs to put on about 20 lbs of muscle. And not lose any speed.

I am curious to see how he looks in the fall. I completely agree that he needs to put on weight, there were times last season that he got pushed around a little. But speed is his biggest weapon, do whatever just keep the speed.

If Andrus Peat is the "one that got away", Tyler Moore isn't far behind. I found a list of the top ten NFL Offensive Tackle prospects headed into the 2015 draft. Peat makes the list, and guess who else? Florida has three prospects in the top ten, including Tyler Moore.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015OT.php

He's far behind Peat and any Florida fan will be the first to tell you that. The list was done before last season even started, hell it says Todd plays for us. Moore got beat on the reg last season and has much to prove, I doubt he'd be on anyone's top OT list right now.

If Andrus Peat is the "one that got away", Tyler Moore isn't far behind. I found a list of the top ten NFL Offensive Tackle prospects headed into the 2015 draft. Peat makes the list, and guess who else? Florida has three prospects in the top ten, including Tyler Moore.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015OT.php

He's far behind Peat and any Florida fan will be the first to tell you that. The list was done before last season even started, hell it says Todd plays for us. Moore got beat on the reg last season and has much to prove, I doubt he'd be on anyone's top OT list right now.

You also have to consider how well he can recover from the elbow injury. I mean, that's not the worst injury to have, but a compound fracture is a compound fracture; could hamper him for the rest of his life(unfortuantely).