BIG TEN RIVALS ( A work in progress... )

I was on my home from work on Monday (driving, couldn't call in) listening to Mark Packard on Sirius XM, and they had Iowa fans calling in like crazy bashing Nebraska. There was some serious hate coming in and not a single Nebraska fan called in to stand up. Pack kept saying that, "Nebraska is just getting DESTROYED by Iowa today!" This went on for about a half an hour! Apparently Iowa hates us more than we do them. It was disappointing, I had to change the station to Jam_On.

I was on my home from work on Monday (driving, couldn't call in) listening to Mark Packard on Sirius XM, and they had Iowa fans calling in like crazy bashing Nebraska. There was some serious hate coming in and not a single Nebraska fan called in to stand up. Pack kept saying that, "Nebraska is just getting DESTROYED by Iowa today!" This went on for about a half an hour! Apparently Iowa hates us more than we do them. It was disappointing, I had to change the station to Jam_On.

That is why the Black Friday game is hollow. Nebraska doesn't care about Iowa.

I hate to say it but the best thing for the Iowa Nebraska series would be for Iowa to win this year by a coiple points in the last few minutes. That will get all of Husker nation boiling for the next years meeing.

With that said, personally, I dont ever want to lose to Iowa again. Rivalry be damned, no better way to end the regular season than by beating Iowa and showing them why they will never be Nebraska.

That is why the Black Friday game is hollow. Nebraska doesn't care about Iowa.

I was under the impression that Iowa didn't want the Black Friday game because they're a bunch of hairy lady parts.

This brings me back to something I have said on this board, probably too many times. I hope Nebraska and OU can get an end of season game together; I think its good for football and the conference (I realize all the BS that needs to go down to make it happen, but still want it to happen)

However if you look at the last ten years they really havent been much better than us. They have 87 total wins and 2 BIG championships. We have 85 total wins with 4 CCG appearances.

You can't fairly compare '4 ccg appearances' since before 2011 Wisconsin had no championship game. Further, you are ignoring other things such as their 3 straight Rose Bowl appearances, end of season rankings, bowl games/bowl wins, etc. They have been a lot better than us.

On the national scene the truly great college football rivals occur when the outcome was significant in terms of ratings, conf titles and bowl selections.

The first time we played them we were both ranked in the top 10, and the third time we played them was for a conference title... :dunno

Iowa is Colorado again all over. EXACTLY THE SAME.

Yeah, they beat us in our house last year. Well, Colorado beat a select few times too. So what. Check back in ten years.

I don't know, I think it can be a little different than Colorado. Sure they are both forced Rivalries, but with Colorado they had some mighty big shoes to fill. Meanwhile Iowa is just replacing Colorado, not that tall of a task. Iowa could develop into something special should Wisconsin ever regress and leave a void in the division.

Northwestern may regress as well sooner than later but I feel they will always be pesky when we play them, a good trait for a rivalry.

Iowa is Colorado again all over. EXACTLY THE SAME.

Yeah, they beat us in our house last year. Well, Colorado beat a select few times too. So what. Check back in ten years.

I don't know, I think it can be a little different than Colorado. Sure they are both forced Rivalries, but with Colorado they had some mighty big shoes to fill. Meanwhile Iowa is just replacing Colorado, not that tall of a task. Iowa could develop into something special should Wisconsin ever regress and leave a void in the division.

Northwestern may regress as well sooner than later but I feel they will always be pesky when we play them, a good trait for a rivalry.

Colorado was pulling sh#t like this and trying to fabricate a rivaly with us LONG before the day-after-thanksgiving tradition with Oklahoma was axed.

Iowa doesnt have to be like Colorado though. They arent trying to be our rival and we arent trying to be theirs. The Big Ten wants it to happen. But if its meant to be itll happen naturally. It makes alot more sense than Colorado ever did.

A bunch of Iowa fans called into a radio show to trash Nebraska. No Nebraska fans called in to defend the Huskers or talk trash about Iowa. Why? Probably because we dont care one hoot. This is exactly what Nebraska/Colorado was. And ask any Husker fan that lives in Iowa. Or even Omaha or Council Bluffs and has to deal with Iowa fans on a regular basis. You would quickly get it.

Obviously this isnt a rivalry yet. It takes a hell of alot longer than 3 years to build a rivalry. At this point Northwestern is more of a rival than Iowa. Nebraskans still see Iowa as a nuissance rather than a threat. Im not debating you about this.

What Im saying is that regardless of where it sits right now, Iowa COULD be a major rival for us. They have disliked us since the Big 8 days, probably longer. We now get to familiarize ourselves with them and start disliking them. The difference between them and Colorado is they fit the mold better as our rival. Colorado always felt awkward, plus they werent Oklahoma. Iowa can be a better series than the Buffs ever hoped to give us. Hell theyll be lucky to be fielding a damn team in a few years the rate theyre going.