Who rode a bike to campus?

It's funny. My daughter will be starting college next year and I mentioned taking her bike and she acted like I was a total idiot. I'm wondering if her starting to pay for her own gas will change her mind.

I did not seem many girls riding bikes...It was mostly all guys

no reason they shouldn't

418025.jpg

It's funny. My daughter will be starting college next year and I mentioned taking her bike and she acted like I was a total idiot. I'm wondering if her starting to pay for her own gas will change her mind.

I did not seem many girls riding bikes...It was mostly all guys

no reason they shouldn't

418025.jpg

I will second that "Snarf"

I remember reading/hearing this somewhere:

When you're walking, you hate cars.

When you're driving, you hate pedestrians.

But everyone hates cyclists.

who the Eff calls them cyclists?

I dunno. I just remember seeing the quote that way.

I call them "Hey you! Get the f**k out of my way!"

I would bet you heard that from a non-cyclist in Colorado. Personally I can't stand bicyclists around here, they act like they own the frikken road and, since they're conserving energy, being healthy, etc., they think they're way more important than anybody in a gas consuming vehicle. What drives me nuts is there will be a 4 lane busy arterial street with an empty 6 foot wide sidewalk on either side. Bike Bozos will be out using up one of the traffic lanes instead of using the sidewalk. It takes a lot of will power to refrain from clipping some of them with a door or mirror shot at times.

One year I lived a couple of blocks south of A street, didn't get a parking permit and rode bike to class every day both semesters rain, snow or shine. Usually I'd go over and ride my way up and down 8th street as it was never that busy. From that location, if I had driven, found a spot and parked, then walked to class, I would have already been sitting in class for 5-10 minutes faster with the bike. It really wasn't even comparable because you can ride right up to your building. It was also great for football games as well. You could usually make it up to P street before you had to start walking. You could always tell who were your fellow all weather bike riders on the wet days when we showed up with the little stripe of wet and mud down the middle of our backs. Even with the mud guards, you still got it on the bad days, but that is what rain slicks were for. Never had any bad instances with cars on the streets or walkers on campus. The only bad thing I had happen was wiping out on that train track that was in the middle of 8th street on a snowy day. I never forgot where that rail was after that day.

Some jack wagon stole bike seats from many of the students bikes while I was at UNK.

I hate bike thieves but have to admit I had to chuckle a time or two when I walked out of class and saw some dude taking off on his bike with no seat on it. Had to explain that one to my kid as to why my bike from college had a lock on the seat.

I would have saved a ton of money in parking tickets and towing charges if I had. My work schedule wouldn't have allowed me to take that much time getting to and from campus.

I wish I could have though.

Always hated the fact that they oversold the amount of parking permits because they knew there would be a certain amount of students who dropped out or changed schedules and once they left there was more open spots but if you had class that first week about 10 am and showed up at 9:45, fuhgeddaboudit!

I would bet you heard that from a non-cyclist in Colorado. Personally I can't stand bicyclists around here, they act like they own the frikken road and, since they're conserving energy, being healthy, etc., they think they're way more important than anybody in a gas consuming vehicle. What drives me nuts is there will be a 4 lane busy arterial street with an empty 6 foot wide sidewalk on either side. Bike Bozos will be out using up one of the traffic lanes instead of using the sidewalk. It takes a lot of will power to refrain from clipping some of them with a door or mirror shot at times.

What really gets me about the bicyclists here in CO, is that they have this bike lane that's wide enough for probably 2.5 bikers, yet they ride on the line as close to the traffic as possible. And with all the crappy drivers here, they swerve into the other lane to get around them without even looking to see if they're going to sideswipe a car