If this was your child , what would you do?

What the teacher did was completely wrong, but my question is what did the kid do to piss her off that bad. After teaching school for 21 years I know some kids can do some pretty bad stuff to piss off teachers. Even 6 year olds.

Again, the teacher was wrong, but the kid was most likely being a little turd.

Meh, assumptions are not something to come to the conclusion that the kid is a little turd!

Regardless of the why, don't touch my kid or I will return the favor 10 Fold.

What the teacher did was completely wrong, but my question is what did the kid do to piss her off that bad. After teaching school for 21 years I know some kids can do some pretty bad stuff to piss off teachers. Even 6 year olds.

Meh, assumptions are not something to come to the conclusion that the kid is a little turd!

My question for you is this. Would your kid act up enough in class that they might get into trouble or do you tell them that they better not be getting into trouble in school and better respect their teachers. If my kids get into trouble at school they know they will be in more trouble at home.

I am not defending the teacher, but if you have never taught school than you may not understand how some kids can be trouble makers all day every day.

I can relate to this. I was living in Alabama back in the early 90's. I got into a little trouble with another student and was called to the principals office along with my mother. This is when corporal punishment was accepted and expected in these schools.

The principal was a 6-5 300 pound dude that was scary looking and had zero problems giving whippings to "deserving" kids. He told my mother (5'-2" and small) that if I acted up again, I would get the strap. My mother asked him what he meant and he proceeded to tell my mom I would get a whipping.

My mother looked at him and told him that if I deserved a beating, she would be the one to administer it and if he ever laid a hand on me, there wasn't enough desk between her and him to keep her from getting to him.

He just sat there speechless and then said, "Yes, Ma'am." and we walked out of the office. Coolest thing ever my mom did.

Point of the story is that no teacher reserves the right to handle children that way. They have parents to do it.

My question for you is this. Would your kid act up enough in class that they might get into trouble or do you tell them that they better not be getting into trouble in school and better respect their teachers. If my kids get into trouble at school they know they will be in more trouble at home.

I am not defending the teacher, but if you have never taught school than you may not understand how some kids can be trouble makers all day every day.

There is NO reason for one person (non-family member) to lay hands on another!

If my kid acts up in school to the point where intervention is needed, I will handle it! My kids understand what I expect of them and respect is part of it. The fact that some kids can be trouble makers is understood but in that event the administration needs to contact the parents. If I was walking down the hall and seen this taking place to "any" child, I would have gone ballistic.

No reason? What if a kid brought a gun or knife to school, started shooting or stabbing. What if the kid started to swing at the teacher, can they put their hands on hands on the game then?

Did you mean, there are a few reasons?

Probably meant there is no reason for the teacher to be the aggressor.

No reason? What if a kid brought a gun or knife to school, started shooting or stabbing. What if the kid started to swing at the teacher, can they put their hands on hands on the game then?

OK, agreed ~ teachercd,

You are right StPaul of how I was portraying my answer. If there was good cause (danger, safety, protection, or congratulatory) contact made, I was not thinking along those lines.

OK, agreed ~ teachercd,

You are right StPaul of how I was portraying my answer. If there was good cause (danger, safety, protection, or congratulatory) contact made, I was not thinking along those lines.

Ha! Yeah, I was just messing with you. I knew what you meant.

I have little doubt that this kid was being a little turd, and a lot of parents don't have rules, discipline, or proper parenting at home. As a result some kids just act awful. But I can't watch this video and think of a single justification for the teacher acting this way.

Let's say the kid told the teacher to f#&k off, threw a desk across the room, and mooned the class before casually strolling into the hallway. There are a lot of problems that the teacher, the school, and the family will need to address. But physically accosting a 6 year old? No way. You might want to, but you just can't.

Even if the kid had a weapon or was being dangerous, it might be necessary to wrap him up to prevent him from hurting others, but even if so, there was no one else around to possibly be harmed by the kid, and the response to someone with a weapon is not to grab their face or shake them.

I work in child protective services and work with unruly children of all ages, and unruly parents of all ages. You can't lay a hand on anyone, unless you are truly defending yoursefl and can't otherwise get away. Neither can teachers. There are other ways to deal with problems, and if you can't resolve it without getting physical, that's what police are for. Otherwise you set up a plan for dealing with the issue.

And for those of you saying that you would get violent with any teacher who did this to your kid, that's not the answer either. That's the same sort of attitude that this teacher adopted. Use physical violence to protect yourself or your family, fine, but as retribution, punching the teacher in the face o rusing turkey basters as torture (okay, I am honestly interested in what BRI had in mind!) does not solve anything or teach the lesson that the initial physical alteraction was wrong.

If a teacher did this to my child, there would be hell to pay in terms of the school enforcing (or revising) their policies or else face a lawsuit and/or a PR bloodbath. And that's what's happening here, it looks like. This teacher is going to lose her job, no doubt, and that's fine. But as a parent, I would also be asking the kid how this all started and address his own behaviors and impose (nonviolent) consequences.

I have little doubt that this kid was being a little turd, and a lot of parents don't have rules, discipline, or proper parenting at home. As a result some kids just act awful. But I can't watch this video and think of a single justification for the teacher acting this way.

Let's say the kid told the teacher to f#&k off, threw a desk across the room, and mooned the class before casually strolling into the hallway. There are a lot of problems that the teacher, the school, and the family will need to address. But physically accosting a 6 year old? No way. You might want to, but you just can't.

Even if the kid had a weapon or was being dangerous, it might be necessary to wrap him up to prevent him from hurting others, but even if so, there was no one else around to possibly be harmed by the kid, and the response to someone with a weapon is not to grab their face or shake them.

I work in child protective services and work with unruly children of all ages, and unruly parents of all ages. You can't lay a hand on anyone, unless you are truly defending yoursefl and can't otherwise get away. Neither can teachers. There are other ways to deal with problems, and if you can't resolve it without getting physical, that's what police are for. Otherwise you set up a plan for dealing with the issue.

And for those of you saying that you would get violent with any teacher who did this to your kid, that's not the answer either. That's the same sort of attitude that this teacher adopted. Use physical violence to protect yourself or your family, fine, but as retribution, punching the teacher in the face o rusing turkey basters as torture (okay, I am honestly interested in what BRI had in mind!) does not solve anything or teach the lesson that the initial physical alteraction was wrong.

If a teacher did this to my child, there would be hell to pay in terms of the school enforcing (or revising) their policies or else face a lawsuit and/or a PR bloodbath. And that's what's happening here, it looks like. This teacher is going to lose her job, no doubt, and that's fine. But as a parent, I would also be asking the kid how this all started and address his own behaviors and impose (nonviolent) consequences.

I guess that is my point, I am not condoning touching that kid, but I have definitely been pissed at them before. Some kids are just awful. Age has no baring on it either. My wife the 1st grade teacher once had a kid go into the bathroom and sh#t in one of those urinals that goes all the way to floor, he did just to be a little prick. He was 6 years old at the time.

I guess that is my point, I am not condoning touching that kid, but I have definitely been pissed at them before. Some kids are just awful. Age has no baring on it either. My wife the 1st grade teacher once had a kid go into the bathroom and sh#t in one of those urinals that goes all the way to floor, he did just to be a little prick. He was 6 years old at the time.

Did he have an apostrophe in his name?

Problem is nowadays, parents believe anything their kids tell them if they get in trouble at school. News flash, kids lie to get out of trouble. I worked at a before and after school program for a few years and saw this first hand. We had some pieces of sh#t that needed a good whoopin', but their parents would just argue with us and blame us for the kids behavior. I never disciplined a kid physically, only with timeout. Got yelled at by a few parents for giving their kids timeout...

When I was a kid, both of my parents were teachers and if I got in trouble at school, I didn't even have a say. Which was fine, because Id probably lie to get out of a spanking. Hid under my bed a few times, but that didn't save me from my dad getting his hands on me. Taught me a good lesson on respecting my teachers.

Problem is nowadays, parents believe anything their kids tell them if they get in trouble at school. News flash, kids lie to get out of trouble. I worked at a before and after school program for a few years and saw this first hand. We had some pieces of sh#t that needed a good whoopin', but their parents would just argue with us and blame us for the kids behavior. I never disciplined a kid physically, only with timeout. Got yelled at by a few parents for giving their kids timeout...

When I was a kid, both of my parents were teachers and if I got in trouble at school, I didn't even have a say. Which was fine, because Id probably lie to get out of a spanking. Hid under my bed a few times, but that didn't save me from my dad getting his hands on me. Taught me a good lesson on respecting my teachers.

This is a perfect post!

I see it every single day...soooooooooo many parents that think their kid is perfect, can do no wrong, never lies. Newsflash parents, they are not perfect, they do wrong and they lie. I could put countless crazy emails on here to prove my point...

Now, with that being said, I still would not beat up a 6 year old, unless he had a gun or knife or made fun of the Huskers.

This is a perfect post!

I see it every single day...soooooooooo many parents that think their kid is perfect, can do no wrong, never lies. Newsflash parents, they are not perfect, they do wrong and they lie. I could put countless crazy emails on here to prove my point...

Now, with that being said, I still would not beat up a 6 year old, unless he had a gun or knife or made fun of the Huskers.

Exactly what I am trying to get at. There literally are parents out there that think a teacher will lie to get their kid in trouble, that a teacher is making this stuff all up. As a former teacher, why would I ever lie, the truth is usually way stranger than the fiction I could create.