Preseason Power Index Rankings

So....

The biggest problem is here isn't talking about Nebraska (the team we all like) and it's slip over the last few years. Rather the biggest problem is another team we don't like and it's slip, and how it's not being talked about as much or as acknowledged as ours?

Nice deflection but no its not the issue. It was merely the current topic. Nebraska isnt slipping by my view, it is by yours, yadda blah blah weve had this dance. Michigan is not more successful under Hoke than Nebraska has been under Bo, that was the current topic.

• Fire 1

So....

The biggest problem is here isn't talking about Nebraska (the team we all like) and it's slip over the last few years. Rather the biggest problem is another team we don't like and it's slip, and how it's not being talked about as much or as acknowledged as ours?

Actually for me I think NU is too low and Meechicken is too high. I would put NU in the mid 20's and MU in the low 30's. I don't care how many starters Indiana has back, they should not be that high. How MSU is at 24 is beyond me. It shows how much they emphasize recruiting over everything else.

So....

Nice deflection but no its not the issue. It was merely the current topic. Nebraska isnt slipping by my view, it is by yours, yadda blah blah weve had this dance. Michigan is not more successful under Hoke than Nebraska has been under Bo, that was the current topic.

I'm pretty unsure what the topic here is.....but if it's a Bo vs Brady comparison the two are not all that different.

Again, I'm not saying I personally think Hoke is a great coach. I'm just saying I see how they got the results they did. I'm glad NU beat Michigan the past two years, but I see why they get more #relevant status than us.

2008-2010: Nebraska in Big 12 under Bo Pelini, Michigan under Rich Rodriguez

2008: Nebraska 9-4, T-1st in Division, No CCG appearance, Won Gator Bowl, #28 Rivals 2009 Team Recruiting Ranking

2008: Michigan 3-9, 10th in Division, No CCG appearance, No bowl appearance, #8 Rivals 2009 Team Recruiting Ranking

2009: Nebraska 10-4, 1st in Division, Lost CCG, Won Holiday Bowl, #22 Rivals 2010 Team Recruiting Ranking

2009: Michigan 5-7, T-10th (last) in Division, No CCG appearance, No bowl appearance, #20 Rivals 2010 Team Recruiting Ranking

2010: Nebraska 10-4, T-1st in Division, Lost CCG, Lost Holiday Bowl, #21 Rivals 2011 Team Recruiting Ranking

2010: Michigan 7-6, T-7th in Division, No CCG appearance, Lost Gator Bowl, #15 Rivals 2011 Team Recruiting Ranking

2011-2013: Nebraska in Big 10, Michigan under Brady Hoke

2011: Nebraska 9-4, 3rd in Division, No CCG appearance, Lost Capital One Bowl, #25 Rivals 2012 Team Recruiting Ranking

2011: Michigan 11-2, 2nd in Division, No CCG appearance, Won Sugar Bowl, #7 Rivals 2012 Team Recruiting Ranking

2012: Nebraska 10-4, 1st in Division, Lost CCG, Lost Capital One Bowl, #17 Rivals 2013 Team Recruiting Ranking

2012: Michigan 8-5, 2nd in Division, No CCG appearance, Lost Outback Bowl, #5 Rivals 2013 Team Recruiting Ranking

2013: Nebraska 9-4, T-2nd in Division, No CCG appearance, Won Gator Bowl, #32 Rivals 2014 Team Recruiting Ranking

2013: Michigan 7-6, 5th in Division, No CCG appearance, Lost Buffalo Wing Wings Bowl, #31 Rivals 2014 Team Recruiting Ranking

Looking at this, imo, Michigan is trending downward, Nebraska is consistent. As a fan, no way do I take Michigan's record over Nebraska or feel they are trending in a better direction than Nebraska. Michigan has the edge in recruiting and returning starters for 2014 (15 returners for Michigan vs 11 for Nebraska), but in the end, the product on the field should be the most important, measurable in W-L. Looking at the two records, which is better and trending in a better direction?

• Fire 1

So....

I'm pretty unsure what the topic here is.....but if it's a Bo vs Brady comparison the two are not all that different.

Reaching?

Hoke was not a first time head coach when hired by Michigan, Bo was.

BOs results have stayed annoyingly consistent where Hokes have dropped yearly while still bringing in talent.

If you want to make a comparison how about Texas and Michigan as a while. Both are loaded with talent every class yet both underachieve in their division, to their rivals and as a whole.

Too much being made over nothing here!

We win out and this crappy poll won't matter!

We all know what polls really matter and when they start to matter!

Pro's and con's about this poll is just filler to take up time until the season is here. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Anything preseason is dumb. If they were at all accurate or said anything about the actual game of football it'd be worth talking about.

What was Auburn's preseason ranking or "power index ranking" last year?

You all know this, I am beating a dead horse...

Anything preseason is dumb. If they were at all accurate or said anything about the actual game of football it'd be worth talking about.

What was Auburn's preseason ranking or "power index ranking" last year?

You all know this, I am beating a dead horse...

Prreseason hype makes a difference when the comittee sits down to decide who gets the 4 spots. If you lose early in the year, you better hope that loss was to a highly ranked preseason favorite.

Or be in the SEC, then your SOS, Ranking, and Divisional finish dont matter, youre in the SEC after all.

So....

Reaching?

Hoke was not a first time head coach when hired by Michigan, Bo was.

BOs results have stayed annoyingly consistent where Hokes have dropped yearly while still bringing in talent.

If you want to make a comparison how about Texas and Michigan as a while. Both are loaded with talent every class yet both underachieve in their division, to their rivals and as a whole.

Wonderful, I'll add "Better than Brady Hoke" to the trophy case next to nine wins. Moving on.

Really? I think they are plenty different. Literally the only thing that Brady Hoke has to hang his hat on is a nice BCS bowl win. 0-6 against their rival schools, no divisional championships, no top ten wins, no other bowl wins.

Michigan has had more recent success than Nebraska.

I won't say you're wrong but I will say that I am curious as to your perspective that leads to this conclusion and can't say that I am able to make any sense of it.

Really? I think they are plenty different. Literally the only thing that Brady Hoke has to hang his hat on is a nice BCS bowl win. 0-6 against their rival schools, no divisional championships, no top ten wins, no other bowl wins.

Michigan has had more recent success than Nebraska.

I won't say you're wrong but I will say that I am curious as to your perspective that leads to this conclusion and can't say that I am able to make any sense of it.

Noted.