The Ultimate Conundrum.

I could have posted this in 2 different topics, but couldn't decide which one. Please excuse me if I offended anyone for creating a new thread for similar discussion.

Either way we look at it, big or small, we can never get to an ending, or a beginning.

In the case of matter. We have atoms and inside those atoms we have protons, neutrons, and electrons. Inside these we have what is theorized as "Quarks". Considered to be subatomic material that holds some kind of electrical charge. What makes up those? When we find that, then what makes up that? There is no end.

Lets go the other way...take a space ship and, if it were possible, send it on a straight line journey with an unlimited fuel tank. Does the ship every find an end? Does it hit an imaginary wall? Maybe it comes back around to the point he began like we would on earth?

This is the conundrum that cannot be answered physically.

So because it cannot be answered and proved that the smallest particles that make up the smallest particles exist. Does it mean that they aren't there?

This whole process is why God is the answer.

Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

I could have posted this in 2 different topics, but couldn't decide which one. Please excuse me if I offended anyone for creating a new thread for similar discussion.

Either way we look at it, big or small, we can never get to an ending, or a beginning.

In the case of matter. We have atoms and inside those atoms we have protons, neutrons, and electrons. Inside these we have what is theorized as "Quarks". Considered to be subatomic material that holds some kind of electrical charge. What makes up those? When we find that, then what makes up that? There is no end.

Lets go the other way...take a space ship and, if it were possible, send it on a straight line journey with an unlimited fuel tank. Does the ship every find an end? Does it hit an imaginary wall? Maybe it comes back around to the point he began like we would on earth?

So because it cannot be answered and proved that the smallest particles that make up the smallest particles exist. Does it mean that they aren't there?

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

if-you-say-so.gif

• Fire 3

These are great questions, and I believe much wisdom can come from deriving the existence of a god based on "we don't know... therefore god" principles. Those who do not ponder their existence will never know, or though they know, they will not understand.

Luckily, those who seek wisdom have the Prayer of Knowledge.

Prayer of Knowledge

Grant, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, thy sauce;
and in sauce, noodles;
and in noodles, meatballs;
and in meatballs, knowledge;
and from knowledge, knowledge of what is tasty;
and from knowledge of what is tasty, the love of spaghetti;
and from spaghetti, the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The Second Announcement Regarding Canonical Belief 1: 1-7

1 "His Holiness the Flying Spaghetti Monster is Eternal, without beginning and without end, and with a whole tangled mess in the middle. 2 He willed All That There Is into existence when He saw fit to do so and in the order He chose. 3 He prankishly thwarts all human attempts to find out exactly when or how this might have occurred. 4 He has chosen, in His Holy Sauced Wisdom, to reveal only these certain truths: that after the Earth itself, came mountains, trees and a midgit/midget (but not necessarily in that order), and that thereafter He took three days off, Friday being the Holiest among them. 5 What came next is the subject of much great lore passed from the midgit/midgets down through the ever-dwindling pirate population, also the Holy Inspired Works revealed to and gathered by His Faithful Followers, and attempts at scientific conjecture, each of which have varying levels of accuracy and entertainment value. 6 His Saucy Orbs do Look With Delight upon that which is well-written. 7 For as His Noodly Appendages Do Touch Us, so too do they touch even the smallest atoms of the universe, and re-arrange them for His Own Holy Amusement, so as to drive scientists insane. "

Science alone cannot tell us exactly what is out there, or in here, nor can it tell us exactly why. This is where belief comes in.

Pesto be Upon You.

• Fire 5

Why is it that we'll believe that God talked to a man and told him to do things over 2,000 years ago but now when someone uses that line they are dismissed as crazy?

Also, sometimes I do some stupid sh#t for reasons unbeknownst to me. I licked an electric fence as a child. I knew that I shoudn't do it. I knew what it would do to me and that it would hurt and yet I still did it. Did God make me do that?

Is there a reason to mock someone else's belief?

The first post is a very good post and worth discussing.

Yeah, "42" was a late-night mocking post based on The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Sorry. :lol:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is a mocking Internet meme whose sole purpose is the argument: Since you can't disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster that means God is not real. Kind of silly really.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is a mocking Internet meme whose sole purpose is the argument: Since you can't disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster that means God is not real. Kind of silly really.

It's as valid as any other religion. Your mockery of my beliefs is completely unwarranted.

When you look at the complexity of the universe--even what little we perceive of it--I just don't see how someone could deny God. It seems rather implausible to say that all this happened spontaneously due to some bang, and then life sparked into being because the conditions were right and evolved into the world teaming with life that we have today.

And then people point to science as if that somehow disproves God. Modern science has barely scratched the surface. All of modern science could not manufacture one butterfly from scratch. And yet some believe that butterflies, and all life forms, simply came together by happenstance. I just don't have enough faith in happenstance to believe that could happen.

I firmly believe that in the end when we all (at some time or another) be on our death bed. I have comfort in knowing that I will have my faith and beliefs that not only to comfort me in this trying time, but also my family and friends (well if I have any left lol). I feel sorry for those who do not have a belief or faith in anything other then science which can not and will not ever be able to answer all of our questions in this life. It would be a lonely and cold place IMO that all you have left is death and death alone to where I would have at least my faith that I will live on in Eternal Life.

It's as valid as any other religion. Your mockery of my beliefs is completely unwarranted.

Just as valid? Name one person martyred in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. There are thousands of Christians who preferred death to renouncing their religion. So "valid" is not the right word.

Did you ever stop and wonder why someone would prefer death to renouncing their faith? And not just a painless execution, but often deaths such as being burned at the stake or crucified. Do you think it's because they were just very stubborn and ignorant, or could there have been something else?

Just as valid? Name one person martyred in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. There are thousands of Christians who preferred death to renouncing their religion. So "valid" is not the right word.

Did you ever stop and wonder why someone would prefer death to renouncing their faith? And not just a painless execution, but often deaths such as being burned at the stake or crucified. Do you think it's because they were just very stubborn and ignorant, or could there have been something else?

I think that he probably meant just as valid in the sense that there is precisely as much evidence showing the existence of the FSM as there is of any other god. People die for stupid sh!t all the time . . . therefore I don't know that dying for something demonstrates validity.