Eric Crouch would very much like a championship, thank you very much.

You're slacking Polo, you missed his next quote.

"It's kind of unacceptable to go this long at Nebraska without winning the conference title. You know, the national title would be icing on the cake. But I think the people of Nebraska, and the nation, would know that Nebraska would be right back on top if it wins the Big Ten Crown."

I agree with Crouch.
Not slacking, I wanted the gentle readers to unwrap and discover that one for themselves.

It is unacceptable, and "next year" talk should be gone.

This should be the goal for sure. Bo has got us in the CCG 3 of 6 yrs (split for 1st in our division 1 of the other yrs but was not selected to play in the CCG). Now, it is time to get over the hump a win the championship.

You're slacking Polo, you missed his next quote.

"It's kind of unacceptable to go this long at Nebraska without winning the conference title. You know, the national title would be icing on the cake. But I think the people of Nebraska, and the nation, would know that Nebraska would be right back on top if it wins the Big Ten Crown."

I agree with Crouch.
Not slacking, I wanted the gentle readers to unwrap and discover that one for themselves.

It is unacceptable, and "next year" talk should be gone.

This should be the goal for sure. Bo has got us in the CCG 3 of 6 yrs (split for 1st in our division 1 of the other yrs but was not selected to play in the CCG). Now, it is time to get over the hump a win the championship.

Bingo

Not disagreeing with Crouch. But he played back in the "good old days." Played on the heels of probably the greatest dynasty in the history of college football. An he won his division once in four years.

Conference, you mean.
He won his division outright once and played in one conference championship game.

And won.

YouDontSayBlackSS.png

• Fire 3

What does Crouch coming out and saying he'd like to see us win a title really truthfully have to do with anything? We all wanna get over the hump, we all want a title. Crouch saying its time to win one holds no bearing on the 2014 season.

Because it could be a yardstick as to what some pretty important people associated with Nebraska football think about what kind of winning timetable Nebraska should be on.

Obviously you have to take Fraziers comments of the past year with a grain of salt, but as far as I know,there isn't any acrimony being harbors by Crouch towards anyone. He's just saying "Hey, it's been long enough. Let's see some results"

I

• Fire 1

What does Crouch coming out and saying he'd like to see us win a title really truthfully have to do with anything? We all wanna get over the hump, we all want a title. Crouch saying its time to win one holds no bearing on the 2014 season.

Because it could be a yardstick as to what some pretty important people associated with Nebraska football think about what kind of winning timetable Nebraska should be on.

Obviously you have to take Fraziers comments of the past year with a grain of salt, but as far as I know,there isn't any acrimony being harbors by Crouch towards anyone. He's just saying "Hey, it's been long enough. Let's see some results"

I

Important person or not he shares the same sentiment we all do. Some of us are annoyed with the drought, well all of us, but some more than others. It would make more sense for him to say this after the 2013 regular season, not a mere 70+ days from the start of the new season.

I

Important person or not he shares the same sentiment we all do. Some of us are annoyed with the drought, well all of us, but some more than others. It would make more sense for him to say this after the 2013 regular season, not a mere 70+ days from the start of the new season.

That's curious. Why is now a bad time to say that?

I

But I bet there would be plenty of acrimony toward Eric Crouch if he logged into Huskerboard and gave this same opinion time and time again in a hundred different threads all offseason long.

(and then Eric Crouch would have his own set of stalkers ready to pounce on anything he said that was remotely negative)

• Fire 3

I've really come to like Eric Crouch. I wasn't the biggest fan when he was playing but over the years I've really come to appreciate the things he did bring to the table.

One things for sure as long as Pelini is here conversations like these will still be going on.

or we win a championship.

I've really come to like Eric Crouch. I wasn't the biggest fan when he was playing but over the years I've really come to appreciate the things he did bring to the table.

One things for sure as long as Pelini is here conversations like these will still be going on.

or we win a championship.

Ain't happening.

I'll give you credit, you can come up with 2+2=5 better than many........#unfoundedspeculation

I just dont see how its supposed to help right now. Maybe if he took the time to visit the team the week of kickoff and gave an inspirational and motivational speech to pump the guys up it would be worthwhile. But saying how he thinks we should just go win one, during summer, to a newspaper, not really lighting a fire under anyones keester.

I

You got those words from inferring, not from Crouch's interview. I ask you to link me where he said those words "Lets see some results" and or even saying this is the year it has to happen? He said its kind of unacceptable that we have gone this long without winning a conference title. Whaaaaat? Man, he was really taking a hard stance (Kind of) telling us all something we don't already feel. No way is he taking the position that you are inferring that an important past player is steeping up and telling us "this is it ~ we need to see a title this year"! Semantics, maybe but lets don't over sell what he was saying either!

• Fire 2