The recent thread about the new game lines got me thinking tonight, and I just realized that we've never beaten our "Non conference BCS opponent" in the regular season AND our bowl game in the same year.

I don't really know what conversation this is suppose to bring but it struck me as interesting.

- VaTech - L (35-30)

- Clemson - W (26-21)

- VaTech - L (16-15)

- Arizona - W (33-0)

- Washington - W (56-21)

- Washington - L (19-7)

- Washington - W (51-38)

- South Carolina - L (30-13)

- UCLA - L (36-30)

- Georgia - L (45-31)

- UCLA - L (41-21)

- Georgia - W (24-19)

- Washington - W (56-21)

- Washington - L (19-7)

Still can't believe this one.

Its actually very believeable if consider the circumstances. I knew we was gonna lose that game when it was announced. Its not EAsports and theyre not robots.

Lurk.gif

• Fire 2

when we win our non con games, we probably play a tougher team in a better bowl. it kind of makes sense when you look at it that way. that washington bowl lose was a real bummer, though.

I have a very good friend who was a starter that season, and there was absolutely no excitement from anyone on that team for that game. The coaches tried and tried to get this team ready, but facing a team you already throttled, our players felt it was a slap in the face from whoever decided the bowl games. This isn't exactly verbatim of what was said to me after the game, but close to it.

It was most definitely a bummer for our fans to lose that, but I wasn't even excited about that game.

IIRC, in the old big12, the Holiday Bowl always selected 3rd (after BCS, and Cotton). I know there was some crazy by-law that involved the Gator Bowl "x out of y" years but I'm fairly certain that the Pac 10/12 had a bunch of schools that were 7-5, 6-6, and because of USC's bowl ban, that screwed a lot of things up.

I may be some years off though. I just remember the Ducks literally running through the conference and played for a Natty.

That 2010 team had so much potential, that season really hurt.

Basically lived and died with Martinez. Absolutely no QB depth... That defense was unreal. I remember them holding a really good OU offense to 23 points in a championship game, not allowing a&m to score a TD on their own home field, shutting down jake locker twice, and that KSU hilarious beatdown on their own field

when we win our non con games, we probably play a tougher team in a better bowl. it kind of makes sense when you look at it that way. that washington bowl lose was a real bummer, though.

I have a very good friend who was a starter that season, and there was absolutely no excitement from anyone on that team for that game. The coaches tried and tried to get this team ready, but facing a team you already throttled, our players felt it was a slap in the face from whoever decided the bowl games. This isn't exactly verbatim of what was said to me after the game, but close to it.

It was most definitely a bummer for our fans to lose that, but I wasn't even excited about that game.

You should have seen the team at the banquet the Holiday Bowl held for both teams. I've never seen a sadder looking group of guys eating expensive-ass food and getting free stuff.