Seneca, NE

Huskerboard should set up a kick starter fundraiser and buy the town. We could rename it Huskerville.

I nominate ShawnWatson as mayor.

cool idea - I'd vote for Carl or Knapp - they seem to be on the forum more than anyone and deserve the title of Mayor and Assist Mayor.

Huskerboard should set up a kick starter fundraiser and buy the town. We could rename it Huskerville.

I nominate ShawnWatson as mayor.

Please no. When things get tough around town, he will send the wrong people to do the wrong thing instead of what has been working all year long.

That's a very nice microcosm of what we're seeing in congress. Scary to think the mindset of burning the whole place down if I don't get my way permeates not only Congress, but also Small-Town, USA.

Knapp, this is very true. I can be as guilty as the next guy as being to partisan. I admit I need to be more open to the opinions of others - thus I like the opinions of others on the forum. Here in Okla, we voted yesterday for the 'less conservative' of the 3 conservatives running for Tom Colburn's unfinished term. That may not be saying much as Okla is very conservative but it tells me that people don't want the extreme side even here. The 2nd place guy was backed by Palin and Cruz but still got beat by over 20 pts.

That's a very nice microcosm of what we're seeing in congress. Scary to think the mindset of burning the whole place down if I don't get my way permeates not only Congress, but also Small-Town, USA.

I've been there a time or two and that would probably be the best outcome.

It's a shame the residents of this tiny rural town can't get along but how in the hell did this place get incorporated to begin with? They held a vote to unincorporate and it succeeded 17-16. Only 33 people voted and some of those are being scrutinized as possibly unable to vote. I'm guessing this was an all hands on deck vote so there probably isn't one other single person who could've voted. This tiny town is split 17 to 16......it might be for the best if they unincorporated. Just sayin. Could end up being a Hatfield's and McCoy's situation.

It's a shame the residents of this tiny rural town can't get along but how in the hell did this place get incorporated to begin with? They held a vote to unincorporate and it succeeded 17-16. Only 33 people voted and some of those are being scrutinized as possibly unable to vote. I'm guessing this was an all hands on deck vote so there probably isn't one other single person who could've voted. This tiny town is split 17 to 16......it might be for the best if they unincorporated. Just sayin. Could end up being a Hatfield's and McCoy's situation.

Believe it or not but at one time Seneca had a population around 800. It was a big railroad town.