Children and immigration reform

GOP playing politics with the border.  It has replaced abortion as the 'red meat' issue that 'we can't solve' so that they can use it to stir up the base.

Cheney was reacting to news from Wednesday night that Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) told his fellow GOP senators that “when we started this, the border united us and Ukraine divided us.”

“The politics on this have changed,” McConnell added, noting that Trump wants to run on the border being open and “We don’t want to do anything to undermine him"

• Plus1 1

Just now, DevoHusker said:

3 times the money to Ukraine than for the border...after we've already sent them the neighborhood of $200 billion.

My guess and usually I am right, the US is sniffing that this is the end of the commies (even though we still have people that think they are not commies) and so they are willing to pay for that.  

1 year from now we will talk about the true end of those commies.  

Now, 14 billion to Israel doesn't matter, that part of the world is bats#!t crazy.  They will never stop fighting.

• Plus1 1

Just now, DevoHusker said:

Nope. Note the "neighborhood". I am probably off by a few.

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

As of 4 months ago, it was $114 billion, so this $60 gets it to $175 billion. 

My apologies for the oversight.

https://usafacts.org/articles/how-much-money-has-the-us-given-ukraine-since-russias-invasion/

To say that number has been given to Ukraine is not entirely accurate either.  That figure includes other countries in the region affected by the war. Also. that total is allocated and not necessarily spent yet.  Ukraine also has to pay back a significant portion of that total with interest.  Throw in the fact that a lot of the munitions sent were expired and it's nowhere near that number. 

This has it at $75 billion as of December.  About the same as Bezos makes in a little over a year just for perspective.  

https://www.cfr.org/article/how-much-aid-has-us-sent-ukraine-here-are-six-charts

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

3 times the money to Ukraine than for the border...after we've already sent them the neighborhood of $200 billion.

If that’s correct, it’s crazy stupid and the bill should be doa in the House 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

To say that number has been given to Ukraine is not entirely accurate either.  That figure includes other countries in the region affected by the war. Also. that total is allocated and not necessarily spent yet.  Ukraine also has to pay back a significant portion of that total with interest.  Throw in the fact that a lot of the munitions sent were expired and it's nowhere near that number. 

This has it at $75 billion as of December.  About the same as Bezos makes in a little over a year just for perspective.  

https://www.cfr.org/article/how-much-aid-has-us-sent-ukraine-here-are-six-charts

They are never paying back a dime.  Stop it.

And stop trying to pretend that it is not a lot.  you sound like a commie lover like a few posters that post here and i know you not.

Help Kraine so we can finally get rid of the commie country and embrace it

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1