Children and immigration reform

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Welcome to proving the problem.

How do?   Despite what you think, the border is anything but secure.  Just like your IRS funding take, it needs an all of the above take and funding is severely lacking to accomplish it (thx politicos)   Wall, fence, electronic, manpower, etc…

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

:dunno

Can  you point to someone in this conversation right now that thinks the border is secure? That's not the issue.  The issue is how to fix it.  The giant orange potato head and his supporters have obviously proven that spending billions on a wall that doesn't work isn't the answer.  And...nobody is trying to actually fix the immigration and asylum system.  And...I will even add that we need to assist central American countries in helping them fight corruption and gang violence.  That's a major reason why we have the flood of people at the southern border.

But....all I hear from MAGATs is "build the wall to keep all those murders and rapist out of the country".  You say build the wall first.  Well, Trumpy built a stupid wall, is MAGA now fighting to change immigration systems?  Heck no.  Because they don't want to fix it.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You say build the wall first

No, you purposely conflate what I say.   I say “secure the border first:thumbs”.  Hope that is clear going forward! 

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, Trumpy built a stupid wall,

The country built SOME of the wall.  Much of it was just replacement of old fencing.  

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

is MAGA now fighting to change immigration systems? 

What is defined as MAGA?  And almost no one is fighting to change the immigration system beyond talk.   It’s why we are where we are and records numbers of illegals are pouring in, voluntarily turn themselves in and get released pending some court date years in the future, while also having record know got away numbers 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The country built SOME of the wall.  Much of it was just replacement of old fencing.  

And, illegals are still coming through in the areas of Trump's great wall.  It didn't stop them.

14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What is defined as MAGA?

Trumpy supporters that think he did such a fabulous job in this.  Which he didn't do any better job in this than any of the last X number of Presidents.

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

And almost no one is fighting to change the immigration system beyond talk.

Agree.  

16 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s why we are where we are and records numbers of illegals are pouring in

And horrible dangerous conditions in their own countries they are fleeing from.

• TBH 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh..yeah..this wall is awesome.

_94963670_border2_976getty.jpg

105665954-1546959775388rtx6jhvu.jpg?v=15

So worth the billions that Mexico paid for it.

Do you understand a wall isn’t designed to prevent 100% of people from crossing?  You should probably know that before going any further with your discussions.  It’s a pretty important point to know.   Because if not, one can easily tell you we have given money to Central American countries and that hasn’t stopped the migration.    Knowing that sending money won’t stop 100% of migrant coming into US illegally.  

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Do you understand a wall isn’t designed to prevent 100% of people from crossing?  You should probably know that before going any further with your discussions.  It’s a pretty important point to know.   Because if not, one can easily tell you we have given money to Central American countries and that hasn’t stopped the migration.    Knowing that sending money won’t stop 100% of migrant coming into US illegally.  

Good...we're in agreement.  I've been saying all along that the f#&%ing wall is a huge waste of money and doesn't work.  Now you agree.

We can now move on to other solutions.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good...we're in agreement.  I've been saying all along that the f#&%ing wall is a huge waste of money and doesn't work.  Now you agree.

We can now move on to other solutions.

By that standard, sending billions upon billions to triangle countries doesn’t work.  Now you agree….I guess that’s the way it goe

We can move on to other solutions. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
On 12/19/2023 at 11:46 AM, Archy1221 said:

By that standard, sending billions upon billions to triangle countries doesn’t work.  Now you agree….I guess that’s the way it goe

We can move on to other solutions. 

Physical security has to be a big slice...but not the whole pie

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Physical security has to be a big slice...but not the whole pie

My point to Buster was him stating that since some people get up over the wall or slice through a portion means it’s a total waste is absurd.  It’s like saying since some people still come from triangle countries, we shouldn’t send any aid.  It should be all all of the above approach knowing each component by itself won’t be 100% successful 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1