Children and immigration reform

Hmm, and yet they seem to need more people to fill all their vacancies. Almost like there might be another motive behind this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/06/nyregion/nyc-workers-hiring-vacancies.html

It also seems like less people live in NYC now than the beginning of 2020. These people could fill those empty apartments.

https://www.thecity.nyc/2023/8/4/23819420/why-is-nyc-rent-so-high

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, deedsker said:

Hmm, and yet they seem to need more people to fill all their vacancies. Almost like there might be another motive behind this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/06/nyregion/nyc-workers-hiring-vacancies.html

It also seems like less people live in NYC now than the beginning of 2020. These people could fill those empty apartments.

https://www.thecity.nyc/2023/8/4/23819420/why-is-nyc-rent-so-high

If illegal immigrants that are trying to escape their horrible countries and poverty...can afford an apartment in NYC, well then, I really picked the wrong freaking profession!  

• Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If illegal immigrants that are trying to escape their horrible countries and poverty...can afford an apartment in NYC, well then, I really picked the wrong freaking profession!  

In general everything is more expensive and remedial jobs pay better. I am also sure that immigrants wouldn’t mind sharing.

Or there could be other underlying interests at hand. Worth a thought.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, deedsker said:

In general everything is more expensive and remedial jobs pay better. I am also sure that immigrants wouldn’t mind sharing.

Or there could be other underlying interests at hand. Worth a thought.

I mean, I don't think they all know each other just because they are immigrants.  And, I have asked about rental properties on here more than a few times and people constantly bring up how hard it is to find good renters and all that stuff, how do you find good renters when you can't do a background/credit check?

Then you want to pack in what, 8 people into a two bedroom place?

I don''t like that idea.  I do like affordable rentals being created/used for the people that come here with some form of rent control by the local government.  Help these people out as much as they can when they get here.  Create new citizens that will help and benefit this country.

• Plus1 1

I would be okay with the government, (I am guessing federal level) offering people a stipend to "take in" immigrants.  Much like the foster care system does.

Give these people a chance and some help.  There are hundreds of thousands of people that want to help, let them help and pay them.  

Personally, it is not something I would do but there are even posters here that would do this.  Why not create a situation where everyone wins.  It is no different than foster care, which we all agree is an amazing thing.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t understand what she is so upset about?  Her district votes for the immigration platform Democrats champion.   Stop voting crazy if you want a different outcome on immigration. 

It is like I said before and some people still don't want to believe me.  People, for the most part, do not really care about the s#!t they say they care about.  Once something becomes an inconvenience (for either side), the true colors show.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Why has it taken 100 days?  Easy.  The Republicans don't want to solve any issues at the border.  That would take away their best rage crop.  I mean Trump proved that with his "Build the Wall" grift that only served to line the pockets of the likes of Steve Bannon.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1