Children and immigration reform

7 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

And to imagine this whole time this immigration problem was just about being able to efficiently process people. Crazy since yesterday, I just saw a picture of a large mass of immigrants that appeared to be doing just that and Republicans were freaking out. 

Yep it’s just Republicans freaking out I guess……or not.   More far right rage farming ehh @RedDenver   When did Lori switch parties btw? 

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/depts/mayor/press_room/press_releases/2023/may/DeclarationEmergencyResponseInfluxNewArrivals.html

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

You said the wall was for funneling and processing immigrants. 

I said a wall was designed to funnel illegal immigrants/border crossers to ports of entry vs crossing wherever they please.  

Walls can’t process immigrants.  All these Republican mayors……errrrr democrat mayors freaking out over nothing I guess 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I said a wall was designed to funnel illegal immigrants/border crossers to ports of entry vs crossing wherever they please.  

Walls can’t process immigrants.  All these Republican mayors……errrrr democrat mayors freaking out over nothing I guess 

So a wall doesn't fix the issue. Got it. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
52 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

So a wall doesn't fix the issue. Got it. 

Immigration processing?  No it doesn’t, and no one has said it does or implied it does or talked about it doing (except you on the last one).  

You might be the only one here, however, that thinks the immigration intake is going peachy atm.   

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Immigration processing?  No it doesn’t, and no one has said it does or implied it does or talked about it doing (except you on the last one).  

You might be the only one here, however, that thinks the immigration intake is going peachy atm.   

I don't give a $%^& about the 99% of immigrants who want a better life and take jobs no one else wants. I give a $%^& about the <1% bringing the bad stuff. And a wall isn't stopping that. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
59 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I don't give a $%^& about the 99% of immigrants who want a better life and take jobs no one else wants. I give a $%^& about the <1% bringing the bad stuff. And a wall isn't stopping that. 

Of course you don’t. Just like most every other let everyone in all day long person, if it doesn’t affect you, you don’t care.   This doesn’t shock me.   A wall does you no harm, border communities say it helps and government wastes ten times that amount of the total cost of the wall on fraud and abuse in a yearly basis.   

since you think ports of entry of going peachy, you probably wouldn’t need to worry about the other 1% either then!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Of course you don’t. Just like most every other let everyone in all day long person, if it doesn’t affect you, you don’t care.   This doesn’t shock me.   A wall does you no harm, border communities say it helps and government wastes ten times that amount of the total cost of the wall on fraud and abuse in a yearly basis.   

since you think ports of entry of going peachy, you probably wouldn’t need to worry about the other 1% either then!!

Didn't say I wanted to let everyone in. Didn't say ports of entry are going peachy. We're talking about a wall. It doesn't solve the real problem. 

• TBH 2

5 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Didn't say I wanted to let everyone in. Didn't say ports of entry are going peachy. We're talking about a wall. It doesn't solve the real problem. 

We, prior to you chiming in, were talking about finishing finding a wall and funding immigration upgrades at ports of entry and judicial components to it.  

If it doesn’t help solve the problem, why is there any fencing or walls at all at any point in the past?  

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

We, prior to you chiming in, were talking about finishing finding a wall and funding immigration upgrades at ports of entry and judicial components to it.  

If it doesn’t help solve the problem, why is there any fencing or walls at all at any point in the past?  

Show me.

On 5/9/2023 at 10:27 AM, Archy1221 said:
On 5/9/2023 at 10:06 AM, funhusker said:

Looks like we want to continue arguing about a stupid wall.

Okay, I'll give you a shot.  Explain it to me like I'm a 6th grader.  How would a wall stop a wave of immigrants coming through a port of entry?

It doesn’t stop people coming through ports of entry nor is it designed to do so.  It’s actually designed to funnel illegals INTO legal ports of entry so the US can process the applications vs people just walking over and we never know who they are or process them legally

"It 'wall' doesn't stop people coming through ports of entry nor is it designed to."

"It's actually designed to funnel illegals INTO legal ports of entry".

So a wall is designed to funnel people into legal ports of entry but it doesn't stop people coming through ports of entry, nor is it designed to? If people are going through other ports of entry even with a wall, how again are they being funneled INTO legal ports of entry even with a wall?